Body, Paint & Styling New CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by efalzon, Monday 27th May, 2013.

1. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    Any experiences with the new CR-V petrol 2-wheel drive version?

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

From one of the short-ish test drives I had on one earlier this year, it was woeful.

Underpowered, poor to pull away as well. Felt overweight and gutless - no torque to play with.

3. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta

cheers for the feedback...that doesn't leave much options then to go for a diesel....

have honda ever mentioned any possibility of hybrid versions like the Lexus RX by any chance

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've not seen anything on a hybrid CR-V to be honest.

don't take my word for it - perhaps you should have a test drive and see/experience it for yourself. No two drivers will ever have the same experience of a given car - you lose nothing by having a sample of it.

5. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta

sure...but you said what I have been expecting as a reply to be honest.

would have been surprised for a different answer on that type of car....

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The 2.4 petrol I drove in the US last year was a heck of a lot better. Sadly, not available in the UK due to the high emissions/tax levied here. Not sure about what is/not available in the wider EU.

7. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    anyhow the CO2 emissions will make it very high to maintain...so the 2.4 not much of an option....

still with the diesel the usual DPF in place :Smile:

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I've had the new CR-V two weeks now. No DPF issues, and thats with a lot of stop-start driving!

9. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta

oh congrats on your new car....

best of luck

two weeks 2 short for any DPF issues....

10. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Efalzon,
    Didn't drove the latest CR-V, but previous petrol version (4X4, always). It felt 'normal' to me. Not fast, not slow, if you want to accelerate hard, you need to rev the engine. It was at that time faster than the Civic 1.4 I-DSI 2007 I owned (2 years ago).
    Didn't check, but the previous version 2.0 i-VTEC 4X4 might be close to the weight of the latest gen 4X2 petrol.
    Depends on what you're looking for, what you expect, and what you're coming from (reference car).

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks buddy. Link to it is here: http://hondakarma.com/threads/5705/

Agree two weeks is a short time, but because of my scheduling etc, I have done a lot more stop-start journeys than longer ones. But I'm told reliably by HH that there are no DPF issues that have (yet) cropped up on the 4th Generation I-DTEC CR-V family.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They way the EU wants dramatic diesel emission and particulate reduction I will make a bold prediction... Diesel will no longer be around in ten years. We all will be driving smaller capacity turbo petrols.

diesel is too dirty to clean further :Smile: