Accord/8th Gen New EX GT ACCORD DTEC Question

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by leonmk, Wednesday 19th Sep, 2012.

1. leonmk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    New here and have just sold my 2004 ex accord and bought a 2009 ex gt accord on Sunday past and love it to bits so far!!! Photos to follow soon!!

Few questions,
    I noticed the glass lens of the passenger side front fog is smashed, can the lens be replaced or does the complete fog light need changed?
    Also I am aware there is a problem with the speakers... But hen listening to my iPod through the radio only two of the speakers work and are scratchy, , the car is not three year old until 28th of September, will the dealer change these if I contact them tomorrow free of charge?

And finally... When turning the steering to full lock it makes a bit of a funny sound is this normal? Car has the standard 17inch alloys.

Any help will be appreciated and already look forward to contributing to this website!

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Leon, Welcome.

Sadly, my foglights are cracked too and sadly you can't buy the glass on its own. Its a bumper-off jobbie to replace them. I bought a replacement set from the USA, much cheaper than buying from Honda!

Speakers - again a known issue. If you have warranty, whip it down to the dealers. They'll replace with no fuss.

As for full lock sounds - that shouldnt be happening - check the CV boot joints.

Oh, and pics! :Thumbup:

3. leonmk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks saja, will have to look about a fog light and take into replacing it some day!!!

4. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    Front fog light on my Accord EX GT DTEC cost me approx £250 at a Honda Garage. After that realised the had some on Ebay for about fifty quid. But too late..(story of my life)