Exhaust System New exhaust needed

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Friday 29th May, 2015.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    The exhaust has been patched up a few times but just been down to the garage I now use to have a close look as it's getting noisy. It's pretty much knackered from the cat back. The garage have tried a few suppliers with no luck. It might come down to original parts but really don't want to spend that money.

What have other members done for their 2.4 tourers?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Wow. Just spoke to HH and they'll do the system from the cat back for £283.61.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I've got a powerflow cat back exhaust on my Tourer that came with the car. I've never looked but I think I've still got a CAT fitted.

Its got the best / worst of both worlds. Its stainless steel so should last the lifetime of the car, however the GF finds that its too 'droney' for her on a constant throttle which is made worse by the Tourers boot especially when its empty. For me its not too loud but ok and I don't notice the drone so much as I've normally got VTEC engaged :Wink:

The paperwork that came with the car shows it cost £500 and has a lifetime garuntee.

Last edited: Friday 29th May, 2015
  4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I've just ordered the half that includes the pipe to the cat. The garage says the other box doesn't really need doing but if it's not much dearer do it. It's £141.80 each side so I'll just do the one side at the moment!

5. mudfx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom muddy birmingham
    My OEM exhaust on my Type-S rotted away , replaced it
    With a js racing exhaust . I do have a catback exhaust system but its is a for saloon Type-S though maybe will need modding to fit the tourer .

6. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Holdcroft can't courier exhausts so they sent it to their Warrington branch which is only 30 mins away. I took a LWB van from work, glad I did, it was massive, don't think it'd have fit in the car.