Introductions New FR-V 1.8 ES Owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yanw, Thursday 13th Aug, 2015.

1. yanw Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yan Gloucester
    Hi

I've just "upgraded" to a 2008 1.8 ES FR-V having sold my "from new" 2006 1.4SE Civic (new shape).

I've got three kids and journeys were terrible with all the fighting in the back. I loved the Civic and was sad to see it go.

I like Hondas and the FR-V looked to be the best option to split them up and get occasional grandma in the car as well.

I found the site looking for details to strip and rebuild a "occasionally droning" rear left brake. I've done a bit of research and found out the calipers are the same as the 2008 Accord so I've managed to get the schematics/torque settings from the guide on here. I've got pins and seals on order and I'm off to get a rewind cube and some more dot4 fluid tomorrow.

I commute daily all year round on a Kawasaki GPZ500 and have a Yamaha TZR250 for when it's nice (once it's rebuilt). I do all my bike maintenance, valve clearances etc, so I am planning to try and do most of the work on the FR-V myself. I have been using a local independent for the last two services on the Civic after loosing confidence in the local Honda dealership.

Thanks for everything I've learnt from you already and I hope to contribute where I can.
    Yan

FirstHonda, Bones126 and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome buddy , you made a wise choice with the FR-V looking forward to your works on the FR-V .

Love to see the TZ too two stroke masterpiece.

3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Hi yan, and welcome to the forum :Smile:

would like to see some pics of your new car

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to our club @yanw :welcome:

5. Perosteck Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Jared Gainsborough
    Welcome fellow FR-V owner :Grin:

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma fellow FR-V owner @yanw :Hey:

:garage:

7. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    hello and welcome, be nice to see some pics of the car and bike, Particularly the TZ :Thumbup:

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @yanw :welcome:

^^That's how this forum works, great to hear it has already been useful for you.

:GoodJob:

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma