Introductions New from across the pond ...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hawki, Tuesday 8th Mar, 2016.

1. Hawki Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Dave Yreka, CA
    My name is Dave and I live in extreme Northern California, a stones throw from the Oregon border. I'm a retired communications engineer of 43 years and have chosen to take on a '98 Prelude as my retirement hobby. I had owned an early '80s Accord that I put over 400,000 miles on. The Accord was a wonderful experience that made the purchase of the my Prelude an easy decision to make.
    My Prelude is 99% stock and only needs a fresh coat of paint to be in overall excellent condition. However, I do plan a few little upgrades and mods to keep myself busy and make the car just that much more fun to drive.
    My other main hobbies are photography and the Premier League ... I have been a Manchester United fan since the 1980. George Best came to my home town to play for the San Jose Earthquakes of the NASL. Because of him, I started following the Red Devils and have been a huge fan since (hope I didn't just make a whole lot of enemies around here).
    I really look forward to contribute where I can and learn from you all.

Cheers ...

MickyB and Nels like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @Hawki and welcome to HK! Fantastic looking Prelude you have got there.. I mean to be very honest any Prelude that hasn't been badly modified is winner in my books! :gohonda:

Hawki likes this.
  3. Hawki Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Amen to that Legend-ary ... I'm going to do a little cosmetic changes like some new wheels and maybe a wing on the boot before I do the repaint and maybe a couple of simple changes to the motor. Nothing major by any means. The car is so well designed to start with, it really doesn't need much to enjoy it like it was intended. Anyway ... thanks much for the kind welcome.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Dave. Great to have a 'Lude project on board.

You have an impressive portfolio of work on your site. :likeit:

Please feel free to post some photographs on this thread too. :Photographer:

Hawki likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Hawki :welcome:

That's a nice little retirement hobby you've got there!

Don't worry about the Manchester United thing either - many of us have crosses to bear when it comes to football...:forgiven:...mine being Watford.

Hawki likes this.
  6. Hawki Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Nels and thank you for the wonderful welcome. I am honored you took to time to view some of my work and I would love to share some of my work here. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun here.
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks FirstHonda ... that's actually quite a relief about the MUFC thing, it tends to have a polarizing effect when it slips out.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Hawki :Hey:

That's a lovely looking BB6 you have.

Hawki likes this.
  8. Hawki Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Why thanks SpeedyGee ... I've really gotten hooked on her, I have this thing about redheads!!

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Me too :Grin:

Hawki and Nighthawk like this.
  10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK Dave, lovely looking BB6 you have there. Look forward to see how she progresses

Hawki likes this.
  11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma.

Hawki likes this.
  12. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Hi, welcome to the forum :Smile:

13. Hawki Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Chris ... it's appreciated