Found new front bumper

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by andycrowz, Wednesday 27th Jun, 2012.

1. andycrowz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I am new on here, I have a black accord saloon and i am after a bumper. does any one know of a honda breaker rather than going to the main dealers??
    :Sobbing:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC

This post has been moved into a section which you won't be able to see.

Please revisit the rules for sales and wanted section.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hmm can't be many 8th gens being broken for parts. Although I did an quick ebay search and found this ebay listing. Doesn't menations what else is available but worth asking them.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is my two Pence here ..The cost of buying a second hand bumper and respraying it professionally and labour is the same price as a brand new bumper from the dealers,

All new Honda bumper come pre-painted and paint the finish is superb and it matches. I have a set of old damaged bumper from Helen car in the back garden.I wanted the perfect finish and bought them IIRC for 250 delivered.

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Agree with Ichiban, I was looking at removing the after market parking sensors from my front bumper and getting the holes filled and it resprayed. But the cost of labour makes it just as cheap to get a new one from Holdcroft. If your not in a rush you could try to get a bargain on ebay. Or hold out for the right one at a breakers.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Doc why do you want to get rid of the parking sensors on the front?

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    They were after market and the control unit began to fail within 6 months of me owning the car, it was constantly screaming while driving down the road. The sensors in the bumper aren't even spaced evenly which bugs my mild OCD lol.The previous owner also put a unit in the rear bumper as well and one of the sensors also died. I began to investigate the problem and then found his botched wiring which frankly scared me. Bare wire ends loosely twisted round each other and covered in electrical tape. The worst was behind the dash, a wire stripped bare used to bridge 2 cut wires then using the bridge to tap a power feed off and insulating it all in electrical tape. It was a fire waiting to happen. :Crazy: It took me 2 days to take it all out and repair (solder and heat shrink) the damage. Now I'm left with 4 sensors front and rear doing nothing but filling in the holes in the bumpers. I've got a rear camera now so don't even need the rear sensors.

When I get new bumpers I'm temped to get the Type-S splitters as well. Already got prices from Holdcroft, just need to save the pennies. :Grin:

Typing this has reminded me I still need to get new covers for the rear of the headlight units and tidy his butchered HID conversion. But that'll mean removing the front bumper. :Ermm: