Tyres & Wheels New Front Tyres for my Tourer

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ciderman21, Wednesday 4th Sep, 2013.

1. ciderman21 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get two new front tyres on my 2.4 Tourer in the next week or so and was looking for recommendations. Tyre spec is 225/45/R17/W(91).

A few months ago I had two Michelin Primacys put on the rear but they were £125 a corner. Ideally, I would like to spend a bit less therefore, a mid-range tyre would seem to be my best option. I'm looking for a good level of grip for both wet and dry conditions and reasonable wear rate (15k miles or so). Not too bothered about fuel efficiency as the car drinks petrol anyway!

I've been looking at Falken Ziex ZE 914's which are £87 a corner fitted from Blackcircles. They get good ratings for both grip and fuel efficiency. Anybody had experience of these on a Tourer?

I've read good things on here about Yokohamas and Goodyear Efficient Grip.

Anybody have any suggestions for my Tourer?

Any feedback is most welcome.

Thanks and all the best,
    Steve

Last edited: Wednesday 4th Sep, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Falkens are budget tyres my experience of them on the 7th Generation are they are tyres which are cheap and thats all about it. don't expect a quiet ride with falkens.

3. ciderman21 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the response.

Decided to go for the Goodyear efficient grip performance tyres, £103 a corner fitted from Event Tyres. The tyres have great reviews, so I'm expecting good things :Smile:

All the best,
    Steve

4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I put 4 Uniroyal RainSports on mine, great in the wet, fairly good in the dry, you do get holywood tyre syndrome on the smooth melted tarmac though and they have only lasted 6k miles.

I would like to try the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's though on the next set which are due soon

5. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I was just watching a video of tyre tests and these Goodyear efficient grip performance beat michelin in both dry and wet conditions... hows your experience been so far?

6. ciderman21 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The tyres have been fantastic so far! No understeer when hard cornering and pretty quiet. The car feels very composed and stable in both wet and dry conditions. Seem to be wearing pretty well too. No issues at all tbh. I would highly recommend them. Event Tyres gave me a £20 fuel voucher as well, so they worked out at £93 a corner including mobile fitting. Can't go wrong.

Steve

7. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Great to hear your experience. I was checking them out at TyreLeader and for my size, with fitting, they work out at around £130 a corner...