General New Front Tyres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MickyB, Thursday 9th May, 2013.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As some of you know I was due new front tyres,since I got my Santino`s some two and a half years ago the Marshall Matrac`s have done a great service and I have found them to be quite a good tyre.
    I had a couple of other options but decided that the Marshall`s where getting a better rating.
    So today I started my search and managed to get them from a company on line called Tyresavings.com
    There price fully fitted being £153.12 so £76.56 per tyre. The cheapest I could find anywhere else was £79 per tyre. So I looked into tyresavings and found that they used Halfords as their fitting agents so I contacted my local Halfords who confirmed this and stated that they were a reputable company so my order was placed for 2 tyres to be fitted tomorrow at 1230hrs saving me around £5 and the petrol money to get me to the other garage. so probably a saving of around £10-£15.
    GOOD DEAL:Thumbup:

Until I went to print off my order form that I needed for tomorrow and found an Email from their customer services stating because of their work backloads and some other bull they could not get the tyres out from their warehouse for fitting until Tuesday next week:Angry: and they wanted to know if I wanted to go ahead with my booking or cancel my order????
    Well being someone who likes prompt service I decided to tell them where to go and I`ll go to my other dealer in the morning and get them fitted straight away.

I`m a bit peed to be honest cause they have a good reputation from their fitters ie Halfords their tyres are somewhat cheaper than other on line companies and I was hoping to come on and give them some good feedback and recommendations so if anyone is looking for tyres in the near future give them a try
    Car Tyres from the UK's Fastest Growing Online Tyre Suppliers

I hope if you do you get them when ordered which is usually next day.:Wink:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOL that what happens when you don't use your car the tyres crack ! As for your run around its shame next don't be so tight just go into a shop and get it done :Whistle:

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only cracks are on your:Whistle: ha ha ha Halfords had the cheek to ring me at 9 this morning offering me event tyres at the same price:Tongue:
    Anyway went to my regular tyre centre in Ossett and got my new Marshalls fitted on the front cause they hadn't heard any of this bull about new tyres on the rear. So in the morning I'm giving them a run out to Croft with my daughter to watch some car racing.:Grin:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How was the the racing at Croft then? any pictures.

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A good day will post some later show you the demise of this beautiful S2000 and how to rebuild it in 20 minutes???

View attachment 9368

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Neat looking car ..but what happened to it ?

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

More to come when I get a little time be patient:Wink:

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The plot thickens for this poor car . I've tried 5 times now to post the thread that's took me an awful long time to write up. When I go to preview it . The little guy comes up and says I'm not logged in so when I try to log in my thread disappears????? Think I'll try again this weekend when I'm off but only put a little but at a time. CJ the end is not nice to see. You may want to look away...

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stop using AOL as its your browser buddy. it is as simple as that.

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm going to have another go this weekend got some good pictures for you buddy???