Introductions New guy from Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sherwood, Wednesday 2nd Oct, 2013.

1. Sherwood Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys my names paul. Im an MOT tester I work in leighton buzzard and live in mk I currently have an Integra DC2 Type-R import but im looking to get an accord diesel sometime in the near future as things are changing around me, and the teg is costing to much in fuel . Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers.:Wave::Wave:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey Paul welcome to the club bud :Hey: Please post some pics of your Teg.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Paul.

Fuel costs stupid money these days, especially if your doing fair few miles a week.

My 2.4 LPGed Accord will be up for sale soon, does about 250 to a tank around town or upto 280 per tank motorway journey.
    A tank of LPG costs between £30-£34.

Looking forward to the pics of the Teg :Smile:

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hey bud welcome to AOC get some photos up on the site so we can have a gander at your current motor :Smile:

5. Sherwood Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi guys. thanks for the welcome, sorry its taken so long to get pictures up.

last one is it on ramp at work after my manager cut it back and mopped it

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    mate just try inserting pictures again but hit go advance first on the right hand bottom of the page then insert them.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club Sherwood, the DC2 Type-Rs are phenomenal machines.

I'll give you a fiver to pass my Accord with an airbag warning light on? :Friends:

I'm kidding, will a tenner do?

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC mate.

Wish they'd never stopped making the Teg....

Hopefully a new Teg Type-R will be part of Honda's revival plans....

9. Sherwood Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ahh man it worked on my computer when I uploaded them. im a noob at this kinda uploading photos thing haha. ill try again tonight

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    not to worry bud, its also a bug within Vbulletin too so you are not totally at fault. Well this won't last soon when we go to HondaKarma.

11. Sherwood Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

She's definitely a head turner, she looks very well maintained :Thumbup:

13. Sherwood Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers few little niggles, but got to sell her soon as have baby boy due in may.

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Congrats on the baby, it's seems one of the most common reasons people get rid of their coupés and performance cars.

15. Sherwood Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers. yeah even though misses said I can keep teg, for first year or so I want a practical car to be honest. :Smile: always had Honda, always will I think

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

If I were you, unless it's a Facelift 7th Generation or later (2006+), I'd go for a petrol Accord. The first I-CDTI engines have a few known problems with them, they're still better than many other manufacturers, but just don't have that legendary Honda dependability.

17. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice Teg! :GoodJob:

I'm personally still new to the Honda diesel - only covered 5,000miles in my I-DTEC so just sussing it out a bit still but I would say that unless you do a lot of motorway miles it isn't massively more economical than 2.0iVTEC.

My 2.0s would do 33MPG with spirited driving round town/A road use; I-DTEC does 40-42MPG on the same routes.

On recent 200mile round trip down A1/A1M I-DTEC did 52MPG doing around 70/75MPH. My 2.0 would get 43-35MPG on the same route.

Not sure what 2.4s are like - never had one :Sobbing: but I imagine they will be quite good MPG on motorways fast A roads as engine not working hard at all. The 2.4 boys will have to clarify that one. :Whoosh::vtec:

What I'm saying basically is don't bank on diesel to save you a fortune in fuel costs. You need to have a certain regular driving requirement.

Main point worth bearing in mind for iDTECis the future resale value - but that can work in your favour so you score a great deal on a petrol.

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

With petrol being around 8-12% cheaper on average, that difference seems even less.

I have a K24 but it's a Pre-Facelift without the built-in MPG readout, what I can tell you is that I can do the 150 mile trip between Liverpool and Northants on £15 while maintaining, err, fairly high speed. Honestly, the only time she drinks badly is on short trips with constant stopping and starting. The K-Series i-VTEC engines are far more economical in general than the older H, B and F-Series VTECs.

John Dickson likes this.
  19. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

SpeedyGee and DeviateDefiant like this.
  20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Totally agree! sweet ride.