Accord/9th Gen New Honda Accord saloon spied

Discussion in '9th Generation (2013)' started by AccordCU2, Wednesday 6th Jun, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The US Accord will never look like the JDM and UKDM cars so not worth the look to be honest.What is the most significant move are the earthdream engines and the hybrid drivetrain.

That is what can be seen with different twists to meet European emission.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't like the look of that Acura at all

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    These rumours are all ridiculous you telling me Honda is chop the flagship model and most successful car in their line up.

or wait chop the Accord and give the flagship crown to the Civic .. yeah I can just see that a move to alienate your customers for good.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rumour only.....as is the rumour of an Acura based ILX as an all new platform for an Accord. won't be long in any case before we know what Honda aims to do.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It may use the same floor plan as the ILX but cannot see the Accord being dropped it will be the biggest mistake ever.

Anyway found this clip ILX,its is now made in the US which is a big achievement they have reached the qualification to make a Acura outside Japan.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  8. WSheridan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have visited Thailand for and the latest Accord there is stunning - make our latest model look a wee bit dull I'm afraid

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Disagree - the current 8th Generation model stands alone for how sharp, menacing and gorgeous it looks. Thats not to say that other Accords round the world are not as good looking, but the 8thG we have kicks ass.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I too prefer the 8th Generation ascetically it pleasing to the eye, the US and Asian and Oceania market Accords are let just say different and suits the customers there.

Design wise it is still a Honda Accord but in different flavours.

11. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Seems as though the Acura has had too many tweaks and lost the beautiful lines of the 8th Generation?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    To be honest the American market is so demanding they want constant changes. The European an Japanese styling is not widely accepted in the US it changing but not fast enough.

13. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Love the idea this would be even more compact than eighth generation Accords. The smaller the better for me, it's my preference.

14. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    A smaller car will be better for the environment. But I've noticed with some 8th Generation Accords the design of compacts are not very pleasing. And, I looked a long time for one that I liked. This style is very fitting to what I'd like assuming I were to upgrade my brand new Accord any time soon. Will keep my eye on this one for the debut.