Autocar New Honda Civic Type-R to race in BTCC

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Autocar, Tuesday 17th Mar, 2015.

1. Autocar Auto-Generated News Feed

Team Dynamics confirms it will campaign two new Honda Civic Type-R race cars in 2015 BTCC season

The new Honda Civic Type-R will compete in this year’s Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship it has been confirmed.

The unbranded race cars took to the track at a test session at Brands Hatch today, driven by Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden. The fully liveried cars will be unveiled on March 24.

The race cars, prepared by the championship-winning Team Dynamics squad, produce 350bhp with 295lb ft of torque from their 2.0-litre turbocharged engines.

Honda claims the Type-R BTCC race car has more downforce compared to last year's Honda Civic Tourer, less drag and a more effective aerodynamics.

"This is a car that not just us, but the entire automotive industry has been waiting for," said Neal. "We are as excited as anybody to start running the Civic Type-R, which is a massive step forward from last year's Tourer - from the engine to the handling and aerodynamics."

Get the latest car news, reviews and galleries from Autocar direct to your inbox every week. Enter your email address below:

Source: AutoCar
    Superman001 likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good riddance to the ugly Civic Tourers ! :lol:
    Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thank F for that.. CTR are going to be quick.
  4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh boy I can't wait.
    Think we'll need a trip to Croft to support the boys.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

TBH, I'm not that bothered what Honda they use AS LONG AS THEY WIN!
  6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    He he. I've looking forward to some discounted tickets through Honda this year. Hoping I get the opportunity to get a pit tour again as a thank you for being such a good little technician pretty please :jumpy:
    MickyB and SpeedyGee like this.
  7. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The tourer was lacking last year ... Not surprised of the switch plus from a marketing perspective it would be a disaster not to use the new CTR in a sports class

Hopefully a return to form
    Nels likes this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just can't wait my little photographer now has a BTCC driver friend and things could happen on the pits front???
    I just want to see this baby roar
    BTCC | Gallery