Introductions New Honda CR-V Owner from Canada

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AspenK24, Monday 27th Oct, 2014.

1. AspenK24 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

AspenK24 Manitoba, Canada
    Hello All I am new to Honda and my first car I purchased is a 2014 Honda CR-V EX AWD. So far I love the car and is very impressed with the fuel economy for this car. Before this car I had a 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium model, never again Ford.

Looking forward to engaging conversations about Honda vehicles.

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Aspen - Welcome to Honda Karma :welcome:

Always good to have some members from over the pond as such. Tell us some more about her. I assume she is brand new being a 2014 model? Is she a family car? Just something for a bit of fun?

Look forward to seeing more pictures of her in the Club Garage and hearing more about her.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @AspenK24. :welcome:
    Good to have another Canadian member. Looking forward to seeing and reading more about her.
    Please feel free to ask away. We have a great set of CR-V owners who are very helpful.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club @AspenK24, you're going to make many of our CR-V owners jealous with the K24, across the pond here we only have the N16, N22 and R20 :Laughing:

Look forward to seeing some pictures and hearing about future mods/accessories going on!

5. AspenK24 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the warm welcome!

About my CR-V - I bought it last year exactly one year actually today. A Canadian EX model is probably fitted slightly different from other countries. Some of the major features this Canadian model has are sunroof, automatic climate control, 17" alloy wheels and heated seats and of course it has all the usual power everything. So far I had added a OEM hood deflector and OEM roof rails and cross bars. I now have 21,500 KM on it. Just came back from a 5000KM road trip and was very impressed with the fuel economy this thing produces. I think its the same or if not better than the 2012 Ford Focus I had with a 2.0L engine (gas)

I'd like to get a few more accessories on her by next summer as fall/winter is upon us here where I am and it too cold to to do any modifications/upgrades out side. I still have to get my winter tires on soon before it snows!

Really? I'm jealous that you guys have the diesel option. Who wants to switch motors. lol.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Don't say things like that, you'll have them lining up outside :Laughing: From next year we'll be getting a new revised N16B which pushes around 160hp, which I believe is about the same as the CR-V K24.

7. AspenK24 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Current horsepower on the K24 is 185HP

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Ah, I struggle to track all the K24 variants used across there. Believe it's the A1/Z1 around the 160 mark.

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome: to the Club

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello AspenK24. Welcome to HK :welcome:

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @AspenK24

Wow a K24 CR-V, now why didn't they offer that option here. So that means K24 swap into a CR-V is possible :Grin::OTT:

12. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Welcome aspen to THE only club for all things Honda from a fellow 2014 CR-V EX 2.2 diesel. You'll certainly enjoy the Club and car.

13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and welcome to HK :welcome:, as someone with Canadian links I should have been the first to say hello.