Introductions New Honda driver, I hope!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rob Cope, Monday 23rd Feb, 2015.

1. Rob Cope New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Rob Axminster
    Hi folks, I'm Rob. I'm in Axminster on the Devon/Dorset border. My old Rover 75 has just been written off & I'm going to look at a HR-V on Wednesday. I've never owned any Honda's & I'm a little worried as I don't know what to look out for on this car. I'ts on 2nd owner from new, he's had it 4 years. 4WD on X-plate having covered 88k miles. It seems good from the pics & he says no rust.....I wondered if any of you experts can tell me some of the little things I need to be checking.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the forum @Rob Cope, the car on paper definitely sounds like a good buy.

I can't think of anything specific to HR-Vs to watch out for, but would recommend examining the arches, the spare wheel well and what you can of the under-chassis to confirm no rust :Smile:

:welcome:

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @Rob Cope :welcome:

I hope all goes well for you and the prospective HR-V. :Hey:

5. Ricki_5thGenCoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Northern Ireland Richard Belfast
    All the best with your purchase, as said above there isnt much to look out for (not much for hondas in general i belive except the obvious rust and paint issues)

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Rob Welcome to HK :welcome:

Sounds like a good HR-V. To be honest I don't recall ever seeing a rusty one definitely not panel wise but worth a quick look underneath. There will be a small amount of surface corrosion on bolts and suspension arms on a car of this age unless it has been meticulously cleaned regularly. I try to make sure I pressure wash my chassis weekly if not fortnightly in the winter (Karcher chassis cleaner is good for this) and even then bolts still tarnish with the road salt.

As long as there are no holes corroded in it and it looks sound (not flaking away) it should be ok.

Hope it is a good HR-V and look forward to seeing and hearing about it if you go for it.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda:Karma