AutoExpress New Honda Jazz set for November unveil

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Autoexpress, Tuesday 5th Mar, 2013.

1. Autoexpress Auto-Generated News Feed

new-honda-jazz.

5 Mar, 2013 - New Honda Jazz to be revealed at Tokyo Motor Show with sportier design

More...

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 30th Mar, 2014
  2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This will be another model that's probably not got long on the Honda books. Now they've had the audacity to move production from Swindon to Mexico this Jazz will be next (after the Accord) for the Honda UK "Not Built At Swindon therefore destroy" axe!

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If Mexico Honda build quality is better than Swindon then the built in the UK crusade will not hold water.

John Dickson likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    If nothing else the Jazz is the most ridiculously named Honda going, you can't stick the name Jazz aside Civic and Accord. Hell I'll even put up with CR-V, but Jazz just sounds lame as hell. The line-up needs reviewing, keep Civic, Accord, CR-V, get a different mid-size hatchback and reintroduce the Integra. Also, the Honda Legend would be the only car to pull me away from Accords in the not too distant future. I'd love to get one imported from Japan.

If Honda's marketing was so bad they wouldn't have these problems.

Last edited: Tuesday 5th Mar, 2013
    John Dickson likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I personally think Jazz is a very apt name for it as it is clever in what it does and all that Jazz :Smile:

Also remember the Jazz tradition started way back in the 1980's in Europe so it sticking to the name and conform to the tradition. TBH it sound better than Fit

can't say a lot about this advert but it typical German :telloff:= iHORRID!

I would say keep the name but the 4th Generation but Honda need to inject a massive dose of youth into it. It may alienate it core elderly segment but it worth its weight in gold to break into Ford Fiesta territory.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Haha, mate it's even worse when you're part German listening to it :Wink:

Personally I hate the name, I can see the suitability I just think it sounds weak. There's strong syllables in the rest of the line-up, Jazz however is soft and feminine. Couldn't agree more with your point about youth injection. Adding a coupe, a mid-sized Type-R and what not would go a long way to getting the momentum going. Basically they need to market to boy racers and play on the 'coolness' of it all. No use having just the elderly diehards.