General New honda owner, Developed oil leak....A bit worried

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firekhan, Tuesday 1st Jul, 2014.

1. firekhan New Member Getting Started

fire
    Hi all, I've recently bought a FR-V 2.2 diesel and am very happy about it. I noticed a oil stain on my drive today and got one of my mechanic friends to take the engine cover off from underneath to take a look. The driver side underneath is covered in oil and he coudnt see where the leak is coming from.
    I was wondering if anyone from the forum has had a leak from around the same area on a 2.2 engine. I have recently been off work with a bad back and finances are tight and im really worried.
    Thanks in advance.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. firekhan New Member Getting Started

fire
    Really appreciate your help speedy...I noticed your from birmingham too. Can you recommend a good mechanic that is not too expensive. Im not good with a spanner at all unfortunately.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Let me drop you a PM.

5. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You could have multiple leaks so best to get the area cleaned first otherwise you can't really determine where the leak is coming from.
    I just updated the thread with some more pics, as you can see I had 3 oil leaks!

Nels likes this.
  6. firekhan New Member Getting Started

fire
    OK,looks like a jetwash is in order. Thanks

7. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just use brake cleaner. I read of one guy that drove through not so deep water and had issues with a sensor low down on the car.