Introductions New Honda owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by treeman, Thursday 18th Feb, 2016.

1. treeman New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Chris Canterbury
    Hi all

We have just bought a previously owned diesel CR-V mkII 2005 we bought after multiple recomendation for reliability etc. I found my way here rather because of a seemingly endless serie of problems. unfortunately the car must have experienced a front end accident that was not obvious to me when I bought it about 5 weeks ago. starting problems caused by leak back from injector no 1. Then diiscovered that the headlamps fitted after the accident are LHD and need replacing. also the repairer of the accident damage neglected to repair the damaged radiator and aircon condensor. most of these faults are now fixed. but ther are a few niggles Oh and I guess I have for sale a pair of chrome LHD headlamps for a 2005 mkII CR-V they are the later type.
    I hope that I stay a Honda owner after the shaky start. We love the car for so many reasons

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to Honda Karma Chris.
    Sorry to read about the problems with your CR-V. Unfortunately, there are far many cowboy repairers out there.
    Feel free to search the site for solutions to ant of the niggles. If you get stuck, just ask.
    From the look of your garage entry, you've got a 2.2 I-CTDI engine under the bonnet.
  3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome :Smile:
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Chris and welcome to Honda Karma :Hey:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. You say you only had the car for about 5 weeks, could you not take it back ?
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Hey Chris, welcome to HK but sorry to hear about the issues you had. Did you buy the car from a dealer or privately?
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @treeman :welcome:

Pity you've had a shaky start with your CR-V, but hopefully we can help you to get her back to full health.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda: KARMA