Introductions New-ish owner 7th Generation Tourer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cheggers, Monday 18th Feb, 2013.

1. cheggers New Member Getting Started

Hi, I'm Chris and I thought I'd introduce myself seeing how i've been lurking for a while!

Had my fair share of Hondas starting with a '97 2.2 VTI Motegi Prelude, however this soon turned into a '07 2.2 Diesel Civic when I got married. Alas, now my wife is expecting twins I've bitten the bullet and chopped it for a '56 I-CDTI Ex Tourer (now had it for 4 weeks). For a weekend toy I've also got a S2000 which she is letting me keep for the time being!

The Accord is sublime, massive amounts of space and for a big car it still handles well. Compared to the Civic, it is so much more comfortable, and eats the mileage! I test drove a '05 plate which first sold me, then had a look around a few 8th Generation tourers but I feel Honda regressed with a far less practical boot. It took me a few weeks to find the 7th Generation facelift that I wanted, but finally managed to get one with fairly low mileage, FHSH and all the toys (including folding mirrors and the factory body kit).

Only snag is its in the Honda Dealership at the moment with the dreaded cracked manifold, which fortunatly is getting done under warranty. Also does anyone else have auto-lights that stay on all the time?

Plans for the car are:

1) Vinyl wrap the wood interior panels
    2) Fit X-carlink Ipod adaptor
    3) Possibly stage 1 re-map
  2. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi mate. The auto lights don't stay on all the time, they just come on in the dark. Get some pics up too.
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Chris hello and welcome to AOC.
    Are you saying that your auto lights do stay on all the time?
    If so, you've either covered up the sensor in the middle of the dash by windscreen, or the sensor is knackered.
    Just check previous owner hasn't tried to do something clever and covered the sensor with something.
  4. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi & welcome to AOC
  5. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

P.S don't bother with the re-map !!!!
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Cheggers. Congrats on the purchase.

I'm with Declanswan ... skip the re-map. You'll be setting yourself up for problems further down the line.

Search the forum, you'll see how many people have removed the remap after experiencing various problems.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC cheggers :Hey:
  8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello & Welcome, as with most comments above stay away from remaps I was really really tempted at one point and then saw the light :Wink:
  9. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hey bud welcome to AOC
    as above I would stay clear of remap change oil regular and she will go on forever they love fresh oil..
  10. cheggers New Member Getting Started

I'll get some pics up after she's had a clean tomorrow!

I was in two minds about the remap, but thinking about I have no real need for more power and the possibilities of breaking something out weigh the benefits for me personally

The auto headlights stay on all the time, looking at the dash, the middle bit has a hole where I'm assuming the light sensor should go. Anyone know how much these retail for?