Introductions New Legend owner - feeling lucky!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Redvee, Friday 8th Apr, 2016.

1. Redvee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Lancs
    Hi all.

Just a quick introduction.

Only been a member for a few days, but already found so much useful stuff! Great to be surrounded by so many others who 'get it' when it comes to owning a Honda. Personally, I'm fine with owning a car that's utterly reliable, technologically excellent and exciting to drive - even if it has the 'wrong' badge on the nose!

Just bought a 08 Legend. I've been after one for ages but couldn't really justify the outlay. But it's at that critical point where they're still relatively affordable but getting towards 10 years old. So if not now, then when?!

Searched for one with the right spec for months and finally found one in Bristol. A good four hours away, but well worth the trip!

I'm fully aware of the downsides in terms of fuel economy, but put it in manual mode, use the paddle shifts and throw it round some twisty country roads and the SH-AWD and VTEC will put a massive smile on anyone's face. Then sit on a motorway with the LKAS and ACC working and you'll feel like you're being chauffeured - and get around 40mpg at a constant 60mph.

An amazing car and a real technology demonstrator for everything Honda stands for.

I'll be posting pics of the car later in the garage for anyone interested.

But for now, just wanted to say hello as I delve through the archives...

MickyB and FirstHonda like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    hello and welcome to HK @Redvee
    congratulations on your fantastic purchase and we will look forward to photos of your Legend in the club garage..

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Redvee :Hey:

Congrats on purchasing the Honda Legend.

Look forward to seeing the Club Garage entry.

4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome to the forum

looking forward to seeing some pics :Smile:

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Redvee :welcome:

That's a great introduction. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you create your garage entry.

:garage::congratulations::goodluck::GoodJob:

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to the home of true Honda lovers Andy.
    Great to read that you've managed to get hold of a car many of us would love to have.

Just do it. :garage:We can't wait. :sparta: :gohonda:

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

8. Redvee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. Finally added a few pics of the car to the garage - was waiting for it to stop raining, but it's been lashing down all week!

(btw, does anyone know how to flip the picture that's gone in upside down?!)

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Did you take the photos with a phone ? You may have to go into edit and then rotate the photo.
    You can then go into your garage, edit, delete the upside down picture and replace with the one you have put the right way up,

10. Redvee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi MickyB, thanks for that.

I can edit the vehicle and see the images, but I'm not seeing an option to delete one. Funny thing is, the photo is the right way up on my computer, it just seems to be inserted into the garage upside down!

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Go into your garage. Go to the bottom under the box box for messages and on the left you will see edit. Click that and you will be taken into the garage you should then be able to find the upside down photo and remove it. Then just add a photograph and put the new one in.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @MickyB members can't delete Garage entry photos (just a quirk of the software),

@Redvee I've rotated and re-uploaded the upside down picture for you.

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok my apologies @Redvee looks like it's sorted for you now.
    Cheers @SpeedyGee

14. Redvee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@SpeedyGee - great. Thought I was missing something!
    @MickyB - thanks for the help.

MickyB likes this.
  15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's what we do best. Help
    No problem just glad to be of some kind of assistance