Introductions New Legend Owner - Lanarkshire Scotland :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Porkis, Sunday 4th Oct, 2015.

1. Porkis Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Susan Cornwall
    Hi Guys and Girls,
    Just bought myself a 2007 Legend, with all the toys, yes, it has ACC and LKS too :Wink:
    Car seems pretty sorted so far, just a few niggles, like the front tracking has to be done, as it's destroyed the inside of the two fronts, which currently read 6-4-2 Ouch!
    So two new front tyres and getting the tracking done should sort that.
    It also has the dreaded front caliper "broken slide pads" issue, which I read about on here. I discovered this after having isses with the front brakes rubbing like crazy, so currently looking at my options, but I really can't imagine those old screws coming out without snapping off.
    I'll maybe source a pair of Acura calipers from the US, as there seems to be a major lack of available Legend bits in the UK. Sigh ..
    So far though, one week in, I'm very impressed, and this is me coming from a solid lexus background :Wink:

Zebster likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Jim :Hey:Legends are proper cars when you sort these niggles its a great car. As for the tracking I would recommenced four wheel alignment on a Hunter machine so you can truly experience the beauty of SH-AWD once its sorted.
    The brake shims are a PIA but it can be done you need the correct tool and you will have them off in seconds without damaging anything.I would personally repair the caliper with the new countermeasure as the new caliper from the states will have the old shims which will eventually fail.

It would be great when you get a mo to post your car the garage.

3. Porkis Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Susan Cornwall
    That's a fair point Ichiban, on the four wheel alignment, will look into that :Wink:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Jim. Great to have another Legend owner join up, they are great cars !

Porkis likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Porkis :welcome:

:congratulations: on the Legend.

:garage:

6. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome to the forum :Smile:
    looking forward to seeing some pics of the car

7. Porkis Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Susan Cornwall
    I'll get some images up soon guys, been busy with various oily bits over the last few days ..

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Welcome Jim!

Porkis likes this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Jim. There are many Legend fans here - A superb car.
    I hope you will add her to the Club Garage so we can see her. In the meantime, good luck with those 'niggles'. Once there's rectified, you'll be able to truly enjoy the great Honda you've got. :Hey:

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to :gohonda:Karma