Introductions New Legend owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vic Cardenas, Sunday 4th Jan, 2015.

1. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello, just joined up today. I live in the states... Utah, specifically. I own a 1991 Acura Legend coupe with a Type II 3.5L swap, a 1993 Legend sedan and a 2002 RL (another honda legend for you guys). Just wanted to say hi.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hey @Vic Cardenas, welcome to the club - I'm guessing you spotted my post on the Acura Legend board :Laughing:

I'm hoping to snatch myself up a Coupe soon, though likely going to go full J-Swap on it :Whistle:

4. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My everlasting project...

SAM_3356.JPG SAM_3351.JPG 7824b01b.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

She's a beauty indeed :happycrying: What figures is she putting out, 210-220hp?

6. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And yes, I am here because of your post! I've never dynoed her yet. The 3.5 gives quite a bit of extra torque over the stock 3.2 (this was a type I to start out) and the Type II cams and manifold, etc add quite a bit more horsepower but I would say 210-215 measured at the wheels would sound about right.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Once I clean that grease off the front bumper she will be even more beautiful! lol

7. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Hi, welcome along :Thumbup:

8. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I recently hand polished the Intake Manifold, Throttle Body and Valve Covers after the swap...

SAM_3229.JPG SAM_3228.JPG

Attached Files:

MickyB, Superman001 and AndyB1976 like this.
  9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Nice one mate, I've read up extensively on the swap in the past - parts would be more of a bugger over here, hence leaning towards going the J-route. There's a number of 2nd Gens left in the country, but only around 10 Coupes!

I really dig the IM look, we have a garage section on the site, if you add your Legend in there, a log post will be automatically created where you can list all the work on her as time goes on :Smile:

10. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks! Will do... J-swap? You'd be the first...

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

My logic behind it is that it's a way better path to reliable power, many would say a K24 swap would be a way easier path to the mid 200s, but a Legend deserves to stay V6 and I'd want that torque.

I haven't got deep into the planning yet, but potentially I'd consider trying to go AWD and source parts from a TL - but there would be lots of custom fab work, so it may just stick to engine, loom, ECU and axles from a 4th Generation Legend, preferably a KB2 J37.

12. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That would be one hell of a project but pretty sweet if you could actually pull it off. AWD J37 KA8 would be dream car for me but super expensive to fabricate something like that.
    - - - Updated - - -
    This is my current daily... the '02 RL IMG_20140923_072620.
    SAM_3414edit.

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Well, a few grand on a written off 4th Generation - and I'm most of the way there on the basic parts :Laughing: It's the fitment/mounts and the like which will be a bugger in unventured waters.

How do you find the 3rd Generation compared to the 2nd? There's no doubting which wins on looks, but curious how they differ behind the wheel.

14. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's big, heavy and slow compared to ka8 or even my stock type I ka7. But the interior is much more fancy and comfortable. Best road trip car I've ever taken a road trip in, that's for sure.

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It's funny, but that's kinda how it looks like it would play out - the 3rd Generation looks more clunky and sedated, but nicely plush. I'm ever envious of the Acura line-up your side of the pond, while we have Legends, they're our only V6 Honda aside from the NSX.

16. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow, I did not know that. I'm actually really surprised at that.

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Tell a lie, there's the 6th Generation V6 Accord Coupe too and a few forgotten rare relics :Laughing:

18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hi and welcome to HK @Vic Cardenas :welcome:
    Love your cars. :Niceone:
    Please pop them into the Club Garage. They will fit nicely!

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good stuff @Vic Cardenas, loving the polished intake manifold.

Pop your cars in the Club Garage.

20. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been trying to put my car in the garage but it won't let me for some reason. I think maybe it doesn't recognize my engine code or something. Very frustrating.