Introductions New Member 2.4 Tourer Exec

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tommy1986, Sunday 20th Apr, 2014.

1. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi all just joined up, i was on accordR.org but since sold my 00 ATR and just bought a 2004 accord tourer 2.4 exc, has all the goodies sat nav climate control elec leather etc etc read a few reviews before purchase and nearly every review stated how poor the MPG was stating an average 28 MPG, after a round trip from kent to staffordshire today of 340 miles i worked out my MPG to be around 40 MPG, filled up the car this morning with 38.49litres @ £1.29 coming in at £50, this was a mix of M roads and A roads sitting between 60-80 mph, i did the same trip in my ATR which stood me in at £80 round trip, has anyone else had figures like thses on a 2.4 k24??
    Thanks Tommy

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to HK. On long motorway stints you can get good MPG figures from the 2.4s. It's around town that they are a little thirstier.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club Tommy, the lowest I've gone is 25mpg around town, worth noting I don't hold back much. 30+ for your average driving mixed with A roads, and a comfortable 40-45mpg on the motorway.

I've never really been one to watch my fuel economy and try to keep it low, but LPG is the way to go if you want Accord luxury, K24 performance and cheap running costs. Shame about the initial investment though.

4. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the replys but it does seem a lot better than my h22 ATR i know the k24 is a more progressive VTEC system coming in accross the rev range and the h22 your having to wait till 5800rpm but even when i had the h22 below 5800 it was still thirsty, just didnt know if honda had made any changes to the DOHC engines to make them more fuel efficient. Any hints and tips on where to find a genuine lip kit would be much appriacted :Smile:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

The down side to the "progressive" i-VTEC system is that on a stock car you really don't feel it kicking in and have to listen for it. With an SRI/CAI you can hear it a lot clearer, but it's still no big hit like the H/F/B series engines. Of course, tuning can bring all of that out.

Which lip kit are you after? Genuine A-Spec? If so Holdcroft Honda our affiliated dealer can sort you out with discount and free shipping once you hit 25 posts/member for two weeks.

6. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lol i agree with the no kick part but was more than impressed with the torque found myself going up hills in 4th, not too concerned with performance at the mo as its the family wagon just want it looking a bit sharper, yep i only really buy genuine parts and i'am after some chrome roof rails to go with the door handles but heard honda want £560 odd plus £56 for fitting so any help would be a big bonus :Thumbup: cheers

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Holdcroft beat out the prices of nearly all other dealers with our club discount, definitely give them a shout when you qualify. Compared to the K20 Type-R engines, the K24 is optimised for torque throughout, the RBB intake manifold, the cams and the lot. The Accord is a lot heavier than a Civic/Integra :Smile:

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome @tommy1986 to HK.
    Glad to have you on board :Hey:

9. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yea just checked my ebay and i got a gen clucth for the ATR off them so know about them, my dad did mention throwing a k20 head on it and a few other bits and bobs, from experience i know the k series responds better with breathing mods than the h22 hence the change to a tourer and that i needed a bigger family car lol would they do deals on a bulk order aswell? ps how can i contact them on here thanks :Smile:

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah, you can free up a good 15-20 ponies just replacing the exhaust header, removing the stock air system and getting an RRC/RBC intake manifold. I'm eventually going to be putting a ported K20Z4 head on mine. To get in touch with Holdcroft, you can either message @Holdcroft Honda, start a thread in their forum section, or give them a call on 01782 606 150 and ask for parts. Bare in mind you need to hit 25 posts and been with us for at least 2 weeks before qualifying for discounts and free shipping.

11. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As i told my dad iam not after massive power gains atm but will be somthing to keep in mind after i get bored lol already got some kosei k1 ts in 17" thinking of running a 235/45/17 profile tyre but not sure of clearance on full lock as the standard size is 225 would this be a prob?

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You wouldn't have a problem with that kind of difference :Smile:

EDIT: Worth noting, if the wheels are wider too then you need to look at their offsets to figure it out.

13. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

good good as the kosei's are a bit soft, not made for our pot holed road's so wanted some extra protection, does this forum do meets etc

14. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

they were for my ATR but pretty sure they won't stick out too much

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

The correct fit is 225/45, there's no advantage by running 235/45 except that it'll put the speedo out by about 1.4% and they'll stick out a bit further :Laughing: 225/45 already bow out slightly on 7J wheels. We do mate, check the Events & Meets section, about 10 names are down at the moment for Custom & Modified in May.

16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along to HK. The meet on May 18th is officially our first club meeting under our new name. We have just had a members location map installed so that people can see who is in their area and arrange local meets.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to HK @tommy1986 , any thoughts on joining us on our club meet?

18. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi @Ichiban always interested in club meets etc when's the next sort of big meet cheers?

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  20. tommy1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

if it was a month later i would have gone, want to get parts fitted to me tourer before i attend meets etc, if you know of anyone with a genuine set of chrome roof rails for a 2003 tourer would be much appriciated :Smile: