Introductions New Member 2004 Tourer 2.0 i-vtec

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DaveD, Saturday 10th Aug, 2013.

1. DaveD Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all. I have owned my Accord since it was a year old and am I in no hurry to change it. But monies tight these days and I need to do more servicing and maintenance for myself and I am hoping the forum can help me. I'm also guessing with the age of my car diy servicing in place of a garage service history isn't going to make much difference to its value any more.

I am desperate to read the attachments to the thread on valve clearances http://hondakarma.com/threads/6105/ but when i click them I get Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Would be grateful for advice on how to open these.

Thanks Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Dave,

These images will be back soon as the restore is done.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Where in the UK are you Dave?

4. DaveD Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

arcticfire - I'm in Gosport, Hampshire

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Oh well, you couldn't get any further! lol Shame, my mate was based down that way a lot but is now back up in Glasgow otherwise I'd be happy to come down and help with the valve adjustments. If you are up in Glasgow before getting them done then give me a shout - you need a few hours but to be honest it should be easy enough from the guides, especially with the Honda as it's all marked on the camshafts etc.

6. DaveD Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the offer. I was up in Scotland in June for only the second time in my life. Had an excellent motorbike tour (BMW) and a whole week of sunshine!. Sorry to say I missed Glasgow on the way up the west coast by going via Arran.

I've done the valves on my wife's old Rover 216 with the Honda engine so I should be alright now I have found the clearances on the forum.