Introductions New Member, First Post, First Accord!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BSR67, Thursday 10th Jan, 2013.

1. BSR67 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys,

Bought my first Accord today. Always liked them, and having recently been made redundant but successfully securing a new job within the last fortnight, I no longer have a company car, but a job with a car allowance. So, I opted for a fairly cheap but hopefully reliable 2007 2.2 I-CDTI Sports Tourer in blue. Miles are high (107k), but I cannot say it worries me as it has had one owner, comes with 9 months MOT, 12 months tax and a full Honda service history. And Honda's of course are renowned for their reliability.

That said, I've just read the 'what goes wrong' parts of the forum and I hope non of it applies to me!

BSR67

IMG_3227.

Last edited: Thursday 10th Jan, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC bud see you are close by too, The renowned Honda reliability on the I-CTDI is on a very shaky ground if you ask me.Here hoping to your car is troublefree and hope the site comes to your help and we can assist you with any issues.

Please search for existing article thread there is everything you need to learn more about your car, if you need help just ask we will point you the right way.

For posting images http://hondakarma.com/threads/1898/

and Garage section http://hondakarma.com/threads/2647/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC BRS67, hope you enjoy the forum and the car :Smile:

4. BSR67 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you!

Have posted a picture now. That was nice and easy!

BSR67

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    SayamaAccord 2.4 tourer is a carbon copy same alloys and colour is your leather in black or cream?

Looks like a proper unmolested car.:Thumbup:

SayamaAccord likes this.
  6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome, nothing wrong with a high mileage I-CTDI mines done over 160k just don't remap it and rag the nuts out of it and you should be fine! Oh an 0W-30W oil too :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's nice looking tourer, cool colour.

If you edit your post, double click on the picture, you'll get options to make it larger :Wink:

EDIT: Scratch that ! You done it already LOL

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why can't the other be like you Dave, who just listen and do everything by the book .. You are living proof its not hard is it.

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC
    Nice car,enjoy it.

10. BSR67 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, it's black 'half leather'.

Reckon I will be doing about 25,000 a year. Hoping those seats are comfortable ... !

BSR67

Excellent advice, thank you. I won't bother with re-mapping or the like. Bought it as a work horse and family run around. Buying myself a BMW M3 for the weekends!!

BSR67

\

Done it without realising it!

Can I say this now? My favourite colour for an Accord!

Turned up at the 'dealer', and he also had a 55 plate Exec Tourer with 82k on the clock for similar money. Simply preferred the colour and presentation of the 2007 model I bought. Paid £4,900. Is that good value or going rate?

Thanks

BSR67

IMG_3226. IMG_3228. IMG_3229.

Some more photographs. Sorry for clogging up the server.

Bit worried about the Thule tow bar and double electrics. Looks like it has been towing a caravan! On the upside, I'll bet its had a very careful owner!!!

BSR67

11. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's a lovely colour I wanted one in that colour when I looked for mine but couldn't find one. You can add pictures and details into your own Garage by clicking on the Garage link at the top of the page. I doubt it will be a problem posting pictures on here either :Smile: