Introductions New member from Buckinghamshire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 20th May, 2012.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello all,

Picked up my new Accord, a silver 2.2 I-DTEC EX Automatic last weekend, the first time I have owned a Honda. Was looking to replace a not very reliable VW, and stumbled across the Accord almost by accident, having looked at Mercedes C-Class, Audi A5 Sportback, Jaguar XF etc etc. Very glad I did based on initial impressions - fantastic build quality and great value in terms of the standard equipment, as well as a strong reputation for reliability, which is now very important to me! Also a bit different, which really appeals.

I did drive a 7th generation Accord 2.4 a few years ago, new on an "03" plate - a former colleague had one as a company car and I used to drive it quite a bit in and out of London. I remember it being great fun, very quick, and in dark grey with matching wheels it looked great. Having had mine now for a week and done 300 miles, I have only seen one other 8th generation, but have seen quite a few 7th. Maybe it's just me, but I actually think the 7th generation looks better than the 8th, to me a simpler and more cohesive design especially at the back...

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself - am looking forward to getting involved!
    legend-ary likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC buddy 8th Generation is truly a fantastic car . You are not the first person to ditch the VW junk in favour of Honda.
  3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hello and welcome.

Congrats on your new car, you've struck motoring gold getting an Accord.
  4. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello and welcome
    8th Generation is fantastic car.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

How time flies...this was over four years ago now. And I'm still in a Honda...:gohonda:
    jimjams, MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I should think so. LOL
  7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

Last edited: Tuesday 12th Jul, 2016
    jimjams likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    legend-ary likes this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

He forgot to do it first time around:Whistle:
  10. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jim mytown
    I thought he was being humourous ?