Introductions New member from Buckinghamshire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 20th May, 2012.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello all,

Picked up my new Accord, a silver 2.2 I-DTEC EX Automatic last weekend, the first time I have owned a Honda. Was looking to replace a not very reliable VW, and stumbled across the Accord almost by accident, having looked at Mercedes C-Class, Audi A5 Sportback, Jaguar XF etc etc. Very glad I did based on initial impressions - fantastic build quality and great value in terms of the standard equipment, as well as a strong reputation for reliability, which is now very important to me! Also a bit different, which really appeals.

I did drive a 7th generation Accord 2.4 a few years ago, new on an "03" plate - a former colleague had one as a company car and I used to drive it quite a bit in and out of London. I remember it being great fun, very quick, and in dark grey with matching wheels it looked great. Having had mine now for a week and done 300 miles, I have only seen one other 8th generation, but have seen quite a few 7th. Maybe it's just me, but I actually think the 7th generation looks better than the 8th, to me a simpler and more cohesive design especially at the back...

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself - am looking forward to getting involved!

legend-ary likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC buddy 8th Generation is truly a fantastic car . You are not the first person to ditch the VW junk in favour of Honda.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hello and welcome.

Congrats on your new car, you've struck motoring gold getting an Accord.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome
    8th Generation is fantastic car.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

How time flies...this was over four years ago now. And I'm still in a Honda...:gohonda:

jimjams, MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I should think so. LOL

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

:jumpup::happycrying::Happy::BooYeah::OTT::party::mosh::Thumbup::clap::dance::dance::clap:

Last edited: Tuesday 12th Jul, 2016
    jimjams likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    legend-ary likes this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

He forgot to do it first time around:Whistle:

10. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    I thought he was being humourous ?