Introductions New Member from Hertfordshire (7th Generation I-CDTI 2006 Accord & BB8 1999 2.2vti Prelude)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Accord_N22, Friday 2nd May, 2014.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi All

First of all I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone on the forum, since getting my 7th Generation I-CDTI diesel EX Accord this forum has been a godsend. From the DIY and how to guides it has helped me so much. A massive thank you to all

I have been a massive Honda fan since I started driving 12 years ago. I am now lucky enough at this point to own two Honda’s.
    My pride and joy: 1999 Honda Prelude 2.2VTI BB8 (5th Generation)
    My Daily Driver: 2006 Honda Accord Ex I-CDTI Diesel 4 Door Saloon (7th Generation)

I have owned the Honda Prelude since April 2010 and it has been a steady long project – mainly to achieve a clean example of the 5th Generation Prelude with OEM plus upgrades. It was a car I intended for use on the weekends and to enjoy on track days. I have only since done one track day of which was so much fun. More are planned this year and as soon as my brother has finished some work on his 1994 Civic coupe.
    I am part of the “Lude Generation” forum and have a detailed project thread.
    See here if interested
    Honda Prelude • My 1999 Honda Prelude 2.2vti BB8 5th Generation Project - Page 3 : Lude Profiles

I was also part of the “civiclife” forum from back when I used to own the Honda Civic Coupe (I still regularly have a browse) and before then part of “civicsports club” when it was still active

Just recently, on the 6th April 2014 I purchased a 2006 Honda Accord I-CDTI 4 door Ex Saloon. I have always loved this shape of Accord and always wanted one ever since Honda released it way back in 2003.
    I have always loved the saloon shape of the accord probably due to the love of watching the British touring car races in the nineties
    Prior to purchasing the Accord my daily driver was a Seat Arosa SDI, this was mainly purchased for the long commute I had to work (140 mile round trip due to the company relocating – at the time I was just getting married and sorting out my first mortgage so I thought it would be wise to stay put for a couple years) I needed a car to rack the miles up, was cheap to run, cheap to insure and didn’t mind if anything were to happen to it. The Seat Arosa was perfect and served me well for the 5 years I had it. Now working much closer to home (50 mile round trip) I saved a small amount every month whilst I owned the Seat Arosa and I finally had enough to upgrade.

I have learnt so much about the car already – mostly thanks to you guys on here for the helpful guides. I couldn’t have done it without them.
    This included: Oil servicing, filter changes, gearbox oil changes, Xcarlink install, new revised Aux Belt info, strip /clean brake info, Oil purchase info and jacking points guide
    I have read a lot of horror stories about the I-CDTI engine but the Accord does have a full service history and it does drive really really well, sometimes I feel I should have bought the K20 or K24 petrol variant but the diesel i feel is still a very good car, its extremely quiet for a diesel engine (probably one of the smoothest I have heard but I shall see how it goes.

The Accord is truly different to any car I have previously owned. It’s so refined, quiet, comfortable and smooth; it’s well at home on the motorway and just seems to eat the miles. A lot of my friends used to own Honda’s and now moved on to German variants mainly the likes of Audi, VW and BMW but the Germans just don’t do it for me. Yes they are probably more refined and have status but the Japanese really know how to build a quality, reliable and dependable car. I feel the Germans have yet to make a car to convince me of this. Being an Engineer myself the Japanese are truly inspiring.
    I have never had so many toys in a car and feel really fortunate to finally own one. The clutch and accelerator pedal is effortless to use especially in traffic.

I have always loved Honda’s and will probably never buy another NON Honda car again. (The only one exception is my wife’s 2001 Ford PumaJ, the wife loves Ford and I probably will never be able to convince her to buy a non Ford - haha )
    My Car History
    First Car: 1994 EG Honda Civic 3 door 1.3 DX (EG3 carb version 75BHP)
    Second Car: 2000 EK Honda Civic Coupe EJ6 (SOHC D16Y7 engine model 108BHP )
    Third Car: 1999 Honda Prelude 2.2vti BB8 (H22A8 engine with 4 Wheel Steer 197BHP) (still in ownership)
    Fourth Car: 1999 Seat Arosa SDI 1.7 Diesel (interim car for long commute 65BHP)
    Fifth Car: 2006 Honda Accord I-CDTI 4 door Ex Saloon (N22A1 Engine 140BHP) (in ownership)

Here’s some pics of my first Honda Civic, Honda Civic coupe, The Seat Arosa I drove, Honda Prelude and my Honda Accord. I have only had the Accord for a month now so not had a chance to take many pictures yet.
    Thanks guys, Hope to spend more time on here and learn a lot more about the I-CDTI engine, the 7th Generation Accord J and getting lots of inspiration from all members on here
    I should be starting a project thread soon on the Honda Accord. I won't be modifying it all (the wife would kill me - lol) but it will be more of a project to restore the car to a clean OEM tidy state
    1994 EG Honda Civic 3 door 1.3 DX

CarPics016_zpsd97c77eb.

2000 EK Honda Civic Coupe EJ6

SM2.

1999 Seat Arosa SDI 1.7
    Arosa.

1999 Honda Prelude 2.2vti BB8
    DSC_0067-Edit-3_zps27d29937.

ON Track
    PR_121015_CMSVBA_0895.
    2006 Honda Accord I-CDTI 4 door Ex Saloon

_58_zps6d041eca.

IMAG1121_zpseeb454e4.

00_zps9663ef5b.

00000_zpseb563f7a.

IMAG1083_zps1ee61545.

IMAG1084_zps5f22f328.

IMAG1091_zpsbc414b5c.

IMAG1082_zps8dc79c4b.

John Dickson and DeviateDefiant like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

An impressive history.
    You've found your real home fellow 7th Generation I-CTDI er !
    Welcome to HK :Hey:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome along bud, interesting reading:Hey:

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just had a lot of fun reading through all of that, couldn't load the Lude page though unfortunately as it wouldn't load. I envy your previous pedigree of Hondas, you've had quite the history. The Accord is one phenomenally overlooked car in general.

Welcome to the club mate, good to have you onboard.

5. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for the welcome guys:Smile:

6. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm not able to load it in any browser mate, server misconfiguration issue by the looks of it.

upload_2014-5-3_21-53-4.

Incidentally they're using an unpatched and vunerable version of OpenSSL as well and broadcasting it to the world :Laughing:

9. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ahhh sorry about that mate. It works when you go on the forum "not signed in" but it seems it doesn't like it when the link is posted on a forum
    Ill get the threads together and post all my progress up on here in the Prelude section this weekend.

The Prelude seemed to have been neglected for a couple of weeks now as the Accord is getting all the attention :Laughing:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK :Hey: