Introductions New member in France

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Julianp, Tuesday 12th Jun, 2012.

1. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Hi,
    I live in Paris and have just ordered a new Accord Type-S, due for delivery on June 30. Silver grey with the black leather/velour trim we get here.
    I'm used to sporting saloons and coupés but this is a big change for me: my first diesel after 15 years of V8 petrol engines. It's my only car and with fuel prices what they are and the risk of more tax changes and restrictions on the use of heavily polluting cars in Paris, it seemed time to be sensible and make the move.
    My car for the past five years has been an MG ZT 260, one of only ten in France. I know I shall miss its V8 soundtrack, but I hope the torque of the Type-S (only slightly down on the MG), its reportedly good (albeit FWD) chassis and generous kit will help ease the change. And, of course, after 23 MPG from the MG, I should halve my fuel bill (diesel is about 10% cheaper than petrol here too). Although I live in Paris the Honda is coming from the dealer in Le Mans who also supplied my MG. It's my first Honda, although my father in Bournemouth and uncle in Melbourne (Australia) both run Civics. And I've had one previous Japanese car, a Mazda RX-8, which was a blast to drive, but another car that liked a drink!
    One of the great things about the 260 has been the online community through the Two-Sixties forum and its associated blog (http://two-sixties-blog.com/), to which I have been a regular contributor. I expect the Accord will have fewer issues to deal with, but I look forward to joining this forum. The Accord is a lot less common in France than the UK - just 285 were sold here in 2011 - but I hope I'll get to know some other owners on the Continent. Julian.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Julian. I'm sure becoming a Honda owner won't be a disappointment.

4. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome Julian, hope you enjoy the site

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along I'm not jealous much a new Accord Type-S and you live in Paris!!!

6. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Thanks for all your good wishes. The French authorities have delivered my registration documents with unprecedented speed, so I can take delivery of my new Type-S next Tuesday and then take it over to the UK on Thursday night, yeah! Must fit in one last trip with the V8 this weekend though! I have a weekend in Normandy planned for the end of the month too, so it's going to be an unusually busy start to my Accord ownership. Pictures and first impressions will follow after all that.
    Julian.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wow you will get your car faster than me ...I am on countdown I am fed up of waiting. Roll on 2nd of July.