Introductions New member saying Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wadpad, Tuesday 11th Jun, 2013.

1. wadpad New Member Getting Started

Hi Everyone,

Newbie checking in here,

I have a 2007 diesel tourer and am extremely pleased in my second year of ownership. Nearly 40k miles of entirely trouble free motoring. Economy seems great, I get well over 60 MPG, but I do almost exclusive motorway miles and do drive gently (i.e. boringly slow!)

It’s now at 116K and I am thinking of running it for as long as it will go. It does feel like it can go on for a mighty long time; actually still feels new (well new ish) gear change positive and slick, absolutely no rattles or squeaks.

Well I hope to contribute something useful while here

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello and welcome onboard Martin. :Hey:
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello Martin and welcome to AOC.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Martin.

I borrowed someones 56 plate Vauxhall Vectra today, 107k, by god was I shocked, dash board rattled like crazy, I couldn't stop the heater pumping out hot air, weird drone coming from gearbox, engine lacked power, brake had weird spongey feel to it, suspension clonked, I could go on and on.

Spoke to the owner and he had nothing but praise for it. So I offered him my Accord to drive someday, smiling to myself as I did so.

Mine at 120K, drives like new, barely a squeak from anywhere, everything works as it should and pulls like train.

Enjoy the site and the car Martin.
  5. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Welcome to the club Martin! :Thumbup:
  6. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome to AOC bud!

My 2007 saloon is on 150k so don't worry as long as you look after it, it will literally go on forever!!
  7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome along my tourer has 166k on it now and in hoping to keep it till the 200k arrives! Look after it and it will do you proud.
  8. wadpad New Member Getting Started

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for the comments and warm welcome.

Loved the story of the Vauxhall guy beaming with pride at his rattling vehicle – please post his observations on your accord when he drives it :Smile:

The car just seems so well bolted together, so glad to hear from you guys happy with higher miles, I will look after mine and sure it will go for some considerable time.

I will always remember the words of a local mechanic when he picked up my old S2000 that had emptied its oil over all the engine road while 5 miles from home road due to some clown fitting the wrong oil filter when I bought it “you’re lucky that’s a Honda mate, probably get away with it” And I did.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  9. Hoho15 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆