Pre-Facelift Model New member with a 53 reg CR-V

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Freds Dad, Sunday 4th Nov, 2012.

1. Freds Dad New Member Getting Started

Hi just a quick few lines to introduce myself. I purchased a 53 reg CR-V today after a lengthy hunt for a decent one. I've bought an SE Sport with 131k on the clock but it's in immaculate condition and came with a folder full of receipts for all the main dealer history and all the old MOTs and tax discs.

I also own a BMW Z3 which I have used for the past few winters but as soon as there was a dusting of snow it just wanted to go sideways so I decided to purchase something that can cope with the winter weather and the CR-V seems suitable for that. I'll also use it to go to see a friend who lives down a mile long track that would have ripped the bottom out of the Z3.

Anyway enough for now about me and my car and I look forward to participating in he forum.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome along FD to AOC, I am sure others will soon follow suit like you did on the onset of winter and get a 4x4.

Post some picture of your new CR-V and your reviews as the winter comes along.

3. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi and welcome. I'm sure the CR-V will bring you lots of pleasure but there's plenty of help here if you need it.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Freds Dad.

Good move on the CR-V .

5. Freds Dad New Member Getting Started

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I'll be looking for some side steps, wind deflectors, roof bars and a good local garage ( Macclesfield area) for servicing etc so any help and advice appreciated.

Ill take some pictures in the next couple of day, is there a guide on how to post them?

6. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Hi Freds Dad , Like you I am new here too, and new to owning a CR-V. Looking forward to your pics.

7. djberney Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Freds Dad,
    I have just won the auction on ebay for an 02 plate CR-V. I haven't been to pick it up yet, but hopefully by the weekend I will be joining you all as owners. It's done 137k but judging by the comments on here that isn't necessarily a problem. Insurance and fuel consumption are a bit higher than I'm used to but hoping that won't be too big a hurdle. I'm assuming your Z3 did better than my MGB last week. Black ICE+Telegraph Pole=1 - MGB=0.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hey David, you've replied to a 2 year old thread. Start up your own introduction thread and tell us a little more about your new purchase :Smile: Welcome to the club.