Introductions New member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by prof gibby, Saturday 31st Jan, 2015.

1. prof gibby New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Comrade G braintree
    Hello hon members, hope all is well with you.

I'm just a new member in this forum and have come with a cargo of honda accord 2.2 l i ctdi 2004 register on 1st January 2005.

This car has a broken chain. I'm determined to fix this car, I have manage to remove the head, chain cover and sump. The casualties are 2 chain guides, the inside of the chain cover, and of course the chain. buying a full timing kit seems to be very expensive, so I decided to buy a piece here and there. So far I've managed to resource both chains.
    Please hon members help me where I could resource the 2 chain tensioners, chain guides and other needed parts.

Also how could I go about with the timing of the engine or where can I resource the honda accord 2.2 l i ctdi workshop repair manual.
    Please help, I have tried here and there but no solution. I manage to get hold of the American repair manual but I'm told its not compatible.
    Many thanks

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hey @prof gibby, welcome to the club :Smile: The timing chain issue was pretty prevalent on the early I-CTDI, you'll find dozens of different threads covering it on the site - just use the search and you can find lots of information on where to buy kits, aftermarket part numbers and the like if that's the route you decide to go.

You want the European 03-07 Accord workshop manual, you'll regularly find copies floating around on eBay :Smile:

As for the timing and what not itself, I'm not a diesel owner, but others should be able to point you in the right direction.

3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK @prof gibby :welcome: You've come to the right place as there is a lot of info on here about early I-CTDI chains. I'm no expert but plenty others here are :sparta:

Look forward to seeing pictures of your Accord and hearing how you get on.

4. prof gibby New Member Getting Started

Good evening Sir. Thanks very much for the info, I really appreciate that. Remain blessed
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hope UR doing ok in this cold. Many thnks for the info. Yah I've been trying to search but its unfortunate that I can't get hold one thread relating to engine building or timing (DIY). Thax

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Is it just the section relating to engine timing that you need? If so I can dig it out for you :Smile:

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @prof gibby :welcome:
    I'm sure you can find the information you're after on this site.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Welcome to HK @prof gibby :welcome:
    I'm sure you can find the information you're after on this site.

7. prof gibby New Member Getting Started

I would really appreciate that sir. You know when you're knew to some places it's some how had to negotiate some corners. If can, please help sir.
    Many thanks, remain blessed.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda:Karma