General New owner to Honda marque

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Rob S, Thursday 30th Oct, 2014.

1. Rob S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob S United Kingdom
    Hi guys, love the look of the forum.
    I'm fairly long in the tooth when it comes to buying and selling cars, and have owned around 40 now, but never a Honda before now.
    It's come about as a result of my BMW E36 318is saloon failing its MOT fairly well :Smile:
    I decided to give an Accord a go, especially as they represent such good value, and have always liked the styling.
    I paid a wiggle over £600 for a low mileage, MY2000 1.8 VTEC Sport in Titan silver, and so far am well pleased with it.
    I love the smooth ride and power delivery, and the build quality seems flipping good to.
    I need to get my head round sorting a remote fob and programming it (suggestions on a post card....) and will be servicing it shortly to keep the FSH up.
    Also keen to replace the steering wheel as my current one has a little sense of the rubber/plastic outer moving around the core.
    Looking forward to giving it a complete and thorough clean and polish tomorrow.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Rob. :welcome:
    Have a look through the 6th Generation section and you'll find your answers.
    Please add your new girl to the Club Garage. We love to see all Hondas, plus it will help us help you.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Rob, love to see your 6th Generation.

Rob S likes this.
  4. Rob S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob S United Kingdom
    Thanks for the welcome guys. From the eBay advert
    fosaccord_zps3fb259f3.

rns_zps1b63f156.

It's had a couple of bumps, and may have a f/O/S wing at some point. It is generally in quite good condition, and certainly not a battered old bus.

John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Nice clean car. I like those alloys.

Rob S likes this.
  6. Rob S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob S United Kingdom
    I've tried to add the car to the garage, but the forum keeps bouncing it. I think I'm getting the engine code wrong, the other areas seem to be drop down so I reckon thats the only bit I can get wrong. I'll try again in abit.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Leave the code off for now. It can be added later. Mileage is numerical only.

8. Rob S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob S United Kingdom
    Sorted thanks, was me being a bafoon :Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Not at all Rob. The fields are a little fussy, but we always get there in the end.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think we need to add a prompt in brackets to what character is valid and which is not.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Do check out the 6th Generation section, there's a great bunch of very knowledgeable owners on there.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Spot on CJ, but DD has a full plate right now.

Rob S likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah I know we will get it done as soon as he has some bandwidth,

14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Welcome to HK !! Your new girl looks exactly like the Accord I had (also my first Honda). All I can say is I really loved driving her and she never gave me any hassles, even though she had been used as a taxi by a previous owner and had a fair amount of mileage on her.

Rob S likes this.
  15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

A very clean looking Accord - hope she serves you well :Smile:

:welcome::sparta:

Rob S likes this.
  16. Rob S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob S United Kingdom
    Good news and bad today. Generally smooth drive and quality feel to the old bus, but a squeeky clutch now greets each depression of the pedal, and so crusty bits where I think some debris has settled inside the boot hatch. Never seen a car go there before and can't think what else would have caused it. I've given the car a quick wash to get a better look at the nooks and crannies and have started building a list of jobs to do. What does forum etiquette dictate? New "project thread" for something so minor or just lob the pictures up here? I'll do it here and can always move them if needs be.
    Before the wash and inspection
    DSC_0080_zps88ip75xa.

DSC_0078_zpsv5xh5xss.

DSC_0077_zps8qvx5ytq.

DSC_0072_zpsned2efuq.

DSC_0073_zpsguu75voy.

After a quick 20 minute sort out

DSC_0089_zpsv1ctyjig.

DSC_0085_zpss2a6zicq.

DSC_0084_zps3bl25ybg.

DSC_0071_zpsrgx675pl.

DSC_0089_zpsv1ctyjig.

DSC_0091_zpsjjtnjlmm.
    - - - Updated - - -
    List of jobs is now:
    Remove and treat rust
    Sort squeek out on clutch (probably be a new clutch cable, not even sure if these are hydraulic)
    Refurb wheels as the photgraphs flatter
    Get a remote fob
    Paint wiper arms black
    Pop a couple of parking dents out
    Swap to leather steering wheel
    So much for a car I would nt mess with :Smile:

Ichiban and FirstHonda like this.
  17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good to see your girl getting some TLC. I'm always concerned when I see things like that. What else have they neglected?
    It is amazing though, how much abuse a Honda can take and still keep going.

18. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    :welcome: @Rob S , she looks overall in great condition. The rust doesnt look too bad and hopefully will be surface rust only.

Considering the list of upcoming jobs you need to do for her, that list is still much cheaper and less serious than any BMW of the same age.

How bad are your alloys?