Daily Driver "Stealth" 2001 Honda Accord Sport

6th Generation (1997-2002) vehicle added by TonyK7ng, Tuesday 11th Feb, 2014

1. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    I'm tony, I'm 26 from ramsgate Kent. I'm a newish owner of a lovely 2001 Black Accord 1.8 VTEC Sport which I brought 3 weeks ago and I Love it.
    She's covered 123k miles and has full Honda history with her, new gearbox and clutch in 2011, cambelt was replaced in 2009 @75,892 miles. ECT.
    Since I've had her I've done a few bits:
    *new spark plugs,
    *new oil filter,
    *5/40 fully synthetic oil
    *new fuel filter
    *New HKS Panel filter
    *removed and clean the Throttle Body
    * flushed clutch fluid
    * changed transmission fluid
    On Thursday im gonna collect the parts and replace, 2x lower ball joints, 2x front anti roll bar links, 2x track rod ends, new rear pads and rear anti roll bar links.
    As you can tell I look after my cars and to be honest I like this car more than I Let on lol
    Anyways I Hope to be getting to know you all better in the not too distant future :Wink:
    Take care and thanks for reading :Smile:

IMAG0081. IMAG0080. IMAG0082. IMAG0083. IMAG0084. IMAG0085. IMAG0086.

DeviateDefiant, candobill and Ichiban like this.
  2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice Accord!

It's in lovely condition. Spotless you've bought a gem there you can tell instantly from the pics it's been well cared for.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Welcome along Tony.

Nice to see another cherished 6th Generation! I done the droplinks a few months back (still writing the diy guide *cough*), if you need any help just let me know!

Andy

4. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Guys,
    To be honest she didn't look all that when I first got it.
    She looked tired, but after 2 days correcting the paint she came up lovely :Wink:

Andy, I love the 6th gens, personally I think its the best looking 1 :Wink: not being bias or anything *wink* lol

AndyB1976 likes this.
  5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah plenty of these "Swindon wagons" still on the road. Anyway welcome to the forum, I usually go past Ramsgate so I'll keep a lookout. I'll be driving the silver 6th Generation with the dented side panels!

6. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcome.

I'll keep an eye out for ya mate :Wink:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Great work on the paint correction, Pirates Black is one of Honda's best ever colours. It was the 6th that really made me fall in love with the Accord in the first place.

Props on the "no bullshit" maintenance overhaul. Welcome to the club :Thumbup:

8. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers mate :Wink:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's one lucky Accord, plenty of TLC coming her way :Smile:

10. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi and welcome Tony, great to see one of the old timers in such good condition. I agree with you this model was a real good looker. I owned a 52 plate 1.8se in a glorious Red( I think it was Milanos Red) and I absolutely worshipped that car. I sold it after 4 years with just over 40k on the clock. It was immaculate. Anyway enjoy.

Regards
    Mike c

11. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate,
    my mates think in nuts as I've had a lot of newer "nicer" cars like 2005 Mercedes e320 cdi, 2004 BMW 530i ECT,
    but I love this car lol, just done the ball joints, anti rool bar links, track rod ends, and cleaned out EGR valve and EGR ports ECT today :Wink: