1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Hi guys

Just bought a 2005 Honda Accord 2.4i Executive today and so far everything is going very well.

Just wondering if I could ask two quick questions please?

1. Do I have a multidisc changer as I can't initially see it?
    2. Can you bring up MPG etc on the SatNav screen?

2. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello and welcome to AOC :Hey:
    Good choice of car Sir
    Never owned pre facelift Accord so not sure on 1st question.
    Pretty sure answer on 2nd is no.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Arcticfire, welcome to AOC.

Good choice, the 2.4 Exec is a cracking car .. I got one too :Wink:

1) Multidisc is part of the sat nav screen, just press the load button, insert disc, let it take that in, press load button again, insert next disc etc etc. It takes 6 discs.

2) Unfortunately and oddly, there's no MPG info anywhere :Unknown:

She should do around 25MPG in town and I think 32-35MPG on motorways.

Like all VTEC engines, make sure the engine has warmed before you hit the very high revs.
    How many miles has yours covered ?
  4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers guys. Glad i don't have to go into the boot!

Done 63k and drove back up from Manchester yesterday. Covered just over 230 miles on half a tank and wasn't always light on the foot so very happy with that! Had an older accord 2 cars ago but went with a mondeo diesel after and whilst nice to drive the quality just isn't there for the higher miles. When it hit 60k last year it was obvious that it was about to turn into a money pit and it's so nice to be back with Honda.

I don't drive long distances so benefits of diesel was being negated by a lot of servicing and higher price at the pumps. Mondeo sounded like a tractor and now I'm finding it hard to change gear smoothly with the accord as I can't hear the engine haha!

The handbook for the accord is on the scary large size! Lol
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You should have seen me on my test drive with my Accord, I was coming from a Vauxhall Astra with a fooked clutch and gears that had to be pretty much hammered in :Rolf:

There's lots of devices you can find on Fleabay to add USB/SD/BT functionality to your existing stereo, saves having to be limited to 6 disks, they start about £40 and up. If you drive sensibly you can get 40MPG out of a good motorway run in my experience so far, petrol consumption is no where near as bad as I thought it would be on a 2.4.