Show Us Your Car New owner

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Baggytrousers, Sunday 7th Apr, 2013.

1. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Having been a Landrover owner for some years I have finally become fed up with the lack of reliability and cost of repairs but perhaps even more importantly the seemingly endless number of days off road 'waiting for parts'. So, I have finally taken the plunge and gone for a new c r-v which I take delivery of in early April.

I had concerns about DPFs clogging on the diesel (I do not do regular long journeys as I am now retired) so have gone for the 2 ltr Vtech.

I would be grateful for any tips, tricks or hints from current owners to a newbie user of the c r-v and indeed this forum.

I would also be grateful for guidance on what realistic fuel consumption I can expect with mostly short but uncongested trips rarely more than 20 or 30 miles at a time.

Guidance on the best high sided bootliner would also be appreciated.

Many thanks

2. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi and welcome to AOC. I think you have made a good choice, the CR-V should prove to be a more reliable vehicle than LR and petrol is better if you are only doing short journeys. Afraid I can't help with fuel consumption as mine is the oil burning type :Smile:

I have the trunk tray and luggage net fitted to my CR-V. The sides and rear of the tray are about 6cm high, but the front edge is a lot lower as you can see in the photos. Even so, it does mean that when you lower the back seats it is a bit in the way if you wanted to fit something long and flat in there.

IMG_1211. IMG_1212. IMG_1213.

IMG_1214. IMG_1215. IMG_1216.

Last edited: Monday 8th Apr, 2013
  3. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi RichT, Many thanks for your swift respose, your welcome to the forum and for the information. I am a keen DIYer and regularly carry loads of 'junk' in the boot so I am really looking for a high sided liner (12+ inches) to avoid damaging the new car so 6cm is not really high enough for my purpose. I have done a bit of research and there is a company on the web marketing a product called Boot Buddy which seems to get good feedback. Although expensive at just over £100 I suspect it will be worth it to prevent damage.

Many thanks for the attachments but regrettably they won't open and am getting this message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". I suspect it is a 'forum' thing as I had similar happen on the Discovery forum - The links work OK one day and then fail the next. I'll try again later.

Once again many thanks for the info.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just have a look at this thread always use Go Advance rather than Port Quick Reply whilst inserting pictures.
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/1898/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry about that guys, I've successfully posted photos in a thread before, but I don't know what I did different this time :Unknown:

Hope you can see them now in the update above.

6. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Welcome along baggy trousers, I am sure you will be more than happy with your CR V.
    Sorry I can't advise re fuel consumption, I too have an oil burning beast, fortunately, mine is a 2008 model third generation, WITHOUT pdf, thank god.

7. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks for the welcome, after the LR forum you all seem a friendly bunch. Ithink the PDF issue is here to stay and all the manufacurers appear to be suffering from the fallout. The legislation to comply with Euro requirements was brought in very quickly and, as you will be aware, was a requirement on all new diesels from 2009.

My view is that the manufacturers reacted to rather than planned for the legislation hence the problems. When a mate of mine took his xtrail in for its 2nd regeneration in as many months the Nissan salesman told him it was his own fault as he wasn't driving it properly !!!! - he also told him it was unwise to use top (6th) gear on a motorway run as the engine wasn't revving high enough to heat the exhaust module to regeneration temperature - makes a bit of a mockery of eco really !

Long may your 2008 model live !!

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the photos RichT, it's definitely a higher sided on I need and your photos were helpful in my decision making process.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the photos RichT, it's definitely a higher sided on I need and your photos were helpful in my decision making process.

Cheers

8. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    A very friendly bunch of guys on here, and also a whole lot of knowledge between them too. I am sure you will enjoy your stay on here baggytrousers

9. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ezeetrucker I am confident I will enjoy my stay - it's always good to have other owners experiences to fall on when choosing mods, accessories etc

Cheers again

10. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    I am hoping it will, I scoured the Country when I bought it 6 months ago with less than 28k on the clock. Looked and drove like a new vehicle, and still does.

11. Islander Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Baggytrousers, I'm pretty new here myself, having picked up my new CR-V petrol manual SE the week before Christmas. Living on the Isle of Wight and also having another vehicle, the Honda doesn't get much use - it's only done 730 miles in three and a half months! We bought it as a "fun" utility vehicle to cope with a new puppy (who is getting over car-sickness, we hope!) and for general "sea-side" and boat-owner living now we've both taken (very!) early retirement (well. wife's semi- retirement as a locum vet). I'm also training officer for Cowes RNLI lifeboat, so it gets quite a lot of use just "hauling gear", which it excels at, with the versatile load space.

So far I love it despite the lack of much use (although the low mileage really does reflect very short journeys on the island rather than long periods of standing still :Smile:) The build quality and driving "feel" are much better than I expected, in fact very good indeed (and my last car was a 2011 BMW 5 series company car, so not bad to hold up against that - albeit with many understandable differences!).

Fuel consumption on my longest "island runs" of about 20 miles is getting better with use all the time... and now stands at about 37 MPG (max, in Eco- mode) on rural roads (we have no motorways and only 700 yards of dual carriageway, so I'm not sure what it can achieve... summer holidays will tell :Smile:)

I'm sure you will enjoy yours when it arrives (mine took 6 weeks from order and beat the prediction by a week... probably because of getting everything out of the factory before Christmas!).

One other thing worth mentioning... if your Honda dealer is as friendly and helpful as mine (only a mile away), you are in for a great experience. Mine couldn't have done more to help the buying: he gave some discount, threw in 3 years servicing and leant me (free) a brand spanking new CR-V EX for the whole 6 week waiting period after I lost my Co. car. Pretty good service!

Nick

Last edited: Thursday 11th Apr, 2013
    RichT likes this.
  12. Cipro New Member Getting Started

Hi all I am also a new owner of CR-V although it is a 05 model 55000 miles I am very happy with it getting about 33 MPG a light right foot

13. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Welcome along Cipro, the more the merrier. We will have to change this from AOC to the CR-V OC:Rolf:

14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    There do seem to be more CR-V owners posting here now than those with Accords. :Hooray::Hooray::Hooray:

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which camp do I fall in??? :Ermm:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Which is not a bad thing CR-V will be the natural progression or a lot members after the Accord.

17. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or into 9th Generation Accord:Happy:

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am not trying to alienate our growing CR-V owners god I have upset a few with my bluntness..:Frown:

19. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Well, if a new 9th Generation Accord appears I shall probably change my CR-V for a new diesel model.