Electrical & Lights New Parking ECU needed @ 4 years old?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Moniker, Sunday 27th Sep, 2015.

1. Moniker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good Evening all,

My Accord Tourer has developed a fault with the ECU (traced by the dealership - Blackpool Honda). It appears to require a new ECU at a cost of 400GBP, which did seem steep, but before I take the plunge I wanted to ask if anyone else has had experience of an ECU failure. - Is it common or have I just been unlucky? The car has only done 27,000miles, so feeling a little bit disappointed to be getting these faults so early on.

Symptoms:
    Ignition on - After approx 5 seconds get the amber warning 'i' and an indication of all sensors in a fault state. Sensors inoperative.

Sometimes - After 5-10mins - get a single long beep. The sensors then all appear to work normally, but on the parking sensor on/off button the green light is absent.

Many Thanks,

Moniker

2. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    I haven't heard myself of any ECU faults on the 8 th gen TBO.
    It might pay to get a second opinion from another dealers before you replace.
    Also you could contact Honda UK and ask for some goodwill as you have such low mileage they might help.

steve4536 and FirstHonda like this.
  3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Is this the parking sensor ECU at fault I presume?

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Good point Beefy the price probably says it can't be the main ECU

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had an occasional intermittent parking system fault on a previous 8th Generation.

Before I got round to resetting the parking sensor ECU the fault disappeared and never returned for the 18 months I owned the car after that.

My understanding is there is a separate ECU for the parking sensor system rather than the main ECU for the engine.

I'm no expert mind so hope I'm not talking rubbish.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It probably is the parking sensor ECU that the OP is talking about but then again that can't be really called an Engine Control Unit :Grin:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The beauty that is Bosch strikes again! Title of the thread changed.