Body, Paint & Styling New Piccies With Sunshades Fitted

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 24th Mar, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I too love these blinds. They are very discrete and gives the tinted look without the need for film.I have them on both my tourers and plan to have them on my 8th Generation.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed - now I have these, no need for tints at all.

Plus - the kids love them as well, so can't complain. :cool:

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Like it,where did you get them?Honda or somewhere else?

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They were from our good friends at HH. :Smile:

And no need to tints now either!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Zoran they are the genuine Honda accessory. you have seen them on my car really easy to install and remove for cleaning.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes, just read other thread where Saj posted about Holdcroft.They look really good.They would be really handy when i leave on holiday in sunny Croatia later this year.Price wise what am i looking for?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It not expensive bud give Lee a bell.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I tell Zoran, they are great.

They change the whole interior of the car. The rear of the car inside is nice and secluded, yet bright enough for natural light but dark enough to stop my girls in the back complaining of the sun in their eyes etc. I'm just kicking myself for not getting them sooner to be honest.

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A perfect solution, much classier than film, and removable in the winter months.

Great call.

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Drove the car at night with them on, and they certainly assist in filtering the badly aligned headlights from the cars behind - I should caution that I do have the auto dimming mirror as well but with the shades in place too, its like a double-whammy of effectiveness.

Aside from cleaning, I won't be removing these at all. They're there for the summer and winter :Smile:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here I don't take them off they are on all year round and it had no effect in the dark Winter months.

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Couple of interior shots in case anyone was wondering....?

This attachment was lost due to a bug in our old forum software before launching Honda Karma.
    If you are the author of this post, please try and re-upload this image for future members.

This attachment was lost due to a bug in our old forum software before launching Honda Karma.
    If you are the author of this post, please try and re-upload this image for future members.

Ichiban likes this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saj I see you have used two sticky clips to hold the screen on the 7th Generation you can only put one as the kit come with sufficient numbers. By the looks of things Honda have increaed the clamps in the kit.

On the 7th Generation with time the single clamp takes a hammering and I have to restore to renewing it with double sided tape .

By increasing clamps Honda have learnt from the 7th Generation.. I am going to adopt the same principle on my car. Thanks buddy this has helped me..

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There are four clips on the door shades and the ones on the rear screen are held up by the sheer snug fitting of the trim! :Grin: Didnt even need to use the clips for them!

My only gripe, as you note CJ, is that over time, the double sided tape will lose its grip. Not a biggie, but still a poor solution - never had a 7th Generation so can't comment, but on the 8thG, there does appear to be enough recess gaps where the window meets the door frame for a proper slide-in plastic grip, much akin to the wind deflectors, for a permanent and better snug fit.

Despite that, I am delighted to have ordered these.

16. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Do these shades go on the side windows in the front as well? Or is it just the rear windows?

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just the rears mate.

No such OEM kit for the front windows - would be illegal given how dark they are! Like tints!

18. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good and a very clean car!

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers Paul.

Managed to make the most of the sunny weather last week and give it a full on detail. Used G3 compound to get the light scratches out, but my arms died in the end. Finished off with AG HD Wax and it still looks sharp today (notwithstanding the dead flies and dust on the car!).

20. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats what I thought. I only asked as a had an image of you driving up to a car park ticket booth, winding your window down then wondering how you were gonna get the ticket.:Grin: