Feedback/Help New posts question and Headings

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Doc, Saturday 1st Mar, 2014.

1. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I started a new thread in the 7th Generation section yesterday 'I-CTDI cracked manifold'. If another member posts onto this thread I get a message in my Alerts. However if I go into the Community sections New Posts the thread is not in there. Should I be expecting to see something in the New Posts section as it has new posts? I can see new threads started by other members and admin it just seems to be my thread?!

Also the the 5 headers at the top, the words Community and Guides & DIY seems to be spelt with a capital I. ie CommunIty and GuIdes & DIY. Also on my profile page the words ProfIle Posts, Recent ActIvIty, PostIngs and ActIvIty suffer the same problem.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The way the "New Posts" feature works on the site, is that is looks for new posts that you haven't already seen. If you've clicked the alert and read the thread, you've already viewed that thread so it's not considered new anymore. To see posts all posts chronologically like the old site, you want to look at the Recent Posts. I'll work to implement this a bit better and make it clearer to other members.

The header tabs are definitely spelt with a lowercase i, I can tell by that statement you're using Chrome as your browser. The text rendering isn't quite as good as Firefox or Internet Explorer. I'll add a comparison in below.

hk-browser-comparison.

There's a few tweaks I can try and better optimise legibility :Smile:

Last edited: Saturday 1st Mar, 2014
  3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Cheers, thanks for clearing that up.

I'll try using the Recent Posts in future and I am indeed using chrome.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I was just doing a bit of further research, as it's been a bugbear with Chrome for a long time and wanted to see if there's any more recent solutions. Just so happens that it has been actioned by the Chrome Dev team.

5. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I find it hard to post pictures maybe its cause I am a thick jock but my pics never fit ?:Frown:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

They should automatically be adjusted to fit once posted, click the button "Upload a File".

candobill-upload.

Then select "Browse" from the overlay that appears.

candobill-upload-2.

Then select either "Thumbnail" or "Full Image" to insert either a small or full version of the image into the post.

candobill-upload-3.

If you select one of the individual images, it will insert it wherever you last typed in the text box. If you choose "Insert every image as a..." it will insert every image at that point. Once you've posted the message, it will be automatically downscale images if they are too wide for your view of the page. Clicking the image will then bring up a larger view.

We will soon have a multiple image uploader in that will allow you to upload a large group at once, and also display a progression bar. We're currently doing some testing.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Some tweaks are in. New post count added earlier today to highlight what new posts there are which haven't been viewed, with "Recent Posts" then added as a separate link to the navigation showing everything chronologically regardless of view status.

Guests will just see the "Recent Posts" link and not the "New Posts".