Tyres & Wheels New set of wheels

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by intruder, Friday 31st May, 2013.

1. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Hi everyone,

As my current tyres are getting worse everyday, started to think I might not pass MOT at the end of July. After tyres are done, my plan is to get a new set of 18" wheels together with new tyres of course. And the dilemma I've got is what wheels to choose, and I mean not a the style, but the manufacturer. It should be good quality stuff, but not with a price tag out of space. Anyone can suggest anything? Rota wheels? Tenzo R wheels? Volks racing..? ..well I wish :lol: unfortunately not for my pocket. Is something like Team Dynamics competitive? Any other option, guys? Please help me & share your experience on this :Wink: Thanks!

Oh! And almost forgot. I haven't got good knowledge on some specifications regarding wheel sizes. For example:
    TENZO R - DC-5 v1 - 18x8 5x100/114,3 ET45 Black with red
    TENZO R - DC-5 v1 - 18x8 5x110/114,3 ET37 Black with red
    TENZO R - DC-5 v1 - 18x8 5x112/114,3 ET45 Black with red

If I would like to buy, what would I need to choose between these 3? 100 or 110 or 112?? What that means?

2. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the parts you have put in BOLD is the spacing between the studs :Wink:

IIRC Accords are 5 x 114.3 and you will need to get a high off set around the ET40 mark otherwise they will stick out beyond the front arch. Standard wheels are 5 x 114.3 ET45 - 50

intruder likes this.
  3. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Thanks Simon for reply :Thumbup: So I would need to look for the one with ET45 to make normal fit, yeah? :Smile: And yes, I know that spacing between studs are 114,3, so other marking of 100 or whatever means there are more holes available too?