Introductions New (Sort of) CL9 owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Zav13r, Sunday 26th Oct, 2014.

1. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Hi all,

My name is Zav, from the Midlands. As the title says I am the relatively new owner of a CL9 face lift. I've been lingering here since I got the car back in July but never started any thread so apologies for lack of contribution.

I am a previous honda owner, coming from a Civic so a little of the 'modding' has come with me. Apologies to those who don't like a car to actually look modified- I enjoy the culture that goes with car shows and making your motor look different as much as what is under the bonnet.

I'll add to the garage and get some pictures up but wanted to say hi first of all :Smile: the site is fantastic and I've already picked up a huge amount of info from you all.

Zav

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome Zav :welcome:
    Pleased that you've finally taken the plunge!

3. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Thanks! It's taken me long enough. Just trying to work the garage bit out now! Is the general feel of the site to modify or to maintain our cars? Different forums have different priorities in my experience.

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and welcome to HK. :welcome: Is that a mugen front grill?

5. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Yes it is but with the red H which I prefer over the mugen badge. Also genuine mugen aero spoiler :Smile:

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

:garage: And let us see some pictures!

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@Zav13r, there is no pressure to mod, or not to mod. My cars have been pretty much stock and I have not been under any pressure to change that.
    There are however, plenty of members that have been involved in, or are involved in different levels of modifications.
    If you need information, just ask. You will always get help here, but it depends who is online as to how quickly that is.
    We are keen to keep our Hondas in the best condition we can. That really depends on our individual time commitments, but again, no pressure.
    Just have a roam around the site. You can see for yourself.
    My personal request is that everyone should try and put something back. That can be a DIY, a detailed Garage thread or even helping to answer questions from other members. It helps the community overall.

8. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Car added to the garage now with a few pictures.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Yup, just seen her. You clearly love you Honda. :Niceone:

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

A very nice car, like the alloys. So what is next on the mod list? :Niceone:

11. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Have a few parts on the way from heel toe. I want to focus on performance for a while as the remap allows for more gain. VTC gear and rrc intake will be next. Also will be having rear windows tinted to finish off the exterior. It's interesting you mention the wheels.. I don't know if I'm a fan at the moment. Looking at some enkeis and I do love the mugen 7 spokes :Smile:

12. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Excellent car Zav. Welcome to HK.

13. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Thank you for all the comments so far guys! I hope to become a more active member on here and look forward to meeting some of you in the future:Smile:

Nighthawk, accordheritage and Nels like this.
  14. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK @Zav13r , she is indeed lovely. I lingered on here for a year or so before I started posting if memory serves me right. As Nels says, there is no pressure whatsoever to modify or not to modify your car, indeed, mine is certainly not to everyones taste either. I like a subtle look, but love sportier conversions too. I just can't do it as the boss would take my head off if I spent money doing the car up and not on her or the kids :Laughing:

No priorities here at HK, ,the forum is all about those that love their hondas to just share their cars with one another. We do offer awards and recognition for active members but appreciate that real life takes priority.

Sit back, chill out, relax, and we hope you enjoy your time here.

Oh yes, we love build and modification logs - so when you take her to the next stage, keep us updated with lots of pictures and wording. You are sure to have a lot of people asking questions.

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and :welcome:to the club Zav.

16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Zav :welcome:

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma fellow Midlander :Hey:

We're all for modding mate, myself and @DeviateDefiant have plenty of modding plans in the pipelines.

Look forward to following along with your mods.

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome @Zav13r, we're all for modding in the club, check the Project Logs section for a wealth of information :Smile: Any specific questions on plans you have, fire away.

Btw, congrats on owning another of the 100 Facelift 2.4 Type-S in the country :Hooray: