Tyres & Wheels New Spare wheel

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by FOXX, Tuesday 24th Feb, 2015.

1. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave Hitchin
    Hi All,
    So my spare wheel arrived today (full sized alloy) but I've had to take out the polystyrene part which held the tools. Does anyone know if you can get a replacement one that will fit inside the spare wheel?

Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A spacesavee will fit perfectly and the lid will close perfectly you can't do that with a full size wheel.

3. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh, I've taken out the moulded carpet thingy, and the tools and a full size fits fine and the lid closes? Confused now!

4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I've got a full size alloy wheel in my boot and the cover shuts OK but the tonneau cover won't fit into its slot with the wheel in as it's too high.

5. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here are some pics, hopefully this will help explain my question. Also, what are the two little black box things either side of the wheel? IMAG0481. IMAG0480.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think there is a polystyrene part for the full sized wheel, if that is what your question.

Does the one you originally had not fit inside the full sized wheel ?

7. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Maybe try reshaping the polystyrene?
    Cheers Pete

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's what I was going to suggest.

Old Cruiser likes this.
  9. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Damn I payed £70 for my space saver, if I knew a standard alloy fitted I could have got twice as much wheel for half the cost LOL

oh well. I agree I think perhaps shaving some of the polystyrene should allow it to fit snuggly

10. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    No idea about the black plastic things but I've wondered myself what they are for