Introductions new to forum, looking to buy 7th generation accord

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dejv, Sunday 25th Aug, 2013.

1. dejv Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as the title says im new and looking to buy a 7th Generation accord or a good priced 8th Generation from uk.
    bdw im 24 yrs old and I am from Malta

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    If you end up getting a 7th Generation, go for the petrol variants (2.0, 2.4) especially if it's pre-facelift (before 2006), there are a number of known issues with the diesel CDTi engines. With the 8th Gens you haven't got so much of an issue, the I-DTEC is a vastly superior design by all accounts - the only issues cropping up tend to stem from DPFs. The 2.4 petrol 8th Gens are quite rare but 2.0s are plentiful.

Welcome to the AOC, hope you find what you are looking for.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome to AOC
    What are you looking for?petrol or diesel?
    If you can stretch your budget go for the 8th Generation.

4. dejv Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I prefair to be a diesel one :Messed:
    the 8th Generation are quote expensive :Messed:

5. dejv Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

after seeing the prices for the 8th Generation they are quite too much for my budget and will stick with 7th Generation face lift

any ideas what to look out for when buying one? and maybe any particular spots to check that they normally rust ?

- - - Updated - - -

also how much posts must i have in order to see the for sale topic?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi dejv,

Preferably go for a 7th Generation facelift with honda dealer service history, the 7th Generation section has a few stickies or head over to the wiki for some more info.

Sales section only opens after you have made substantial posts and have also reached a few months on the community,it is a long term goal and it can't be just meet by churning out posts. :Wink:

7. dejv Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

do you know if the 7th Generation facelift have hydrolic steering or eletric?

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hydraulic dude.