Legend/4th Gen new to Honda - looking at a legend...

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Leedsladmatt, Sunday 23rd Sep, 2012.

1. Leedsladmatt New Member Getting Started

Good evening all

firstly excellent forum glad I found it :Smile: I'm currently driving a 2003 Volvo S60 but its coming to the end of its days and after 5 years of service its time for a change. For ever much as I'd love a sports car at 6'5 and too many stone I'm still looking at the big saloon market, had a few Audi A6's before (huge inside and good MPG but expensive repairs and dull as a dull thing) My S60 (comfy and engine was great - suspension a liability and tyre wear scary) and a Jag x-type (love Jags but other half hates the old man look)

So was wandering around a car supermarket today and came across a 2008 Honda Legend, never seen one up close so had a look and a sit etc and have to say I'm very taken with it. very comfy, lots of room engine sounded sweet, certainly rare and different. My girlfriend loved it as well but as she's californian I think the Acura-ness is a nice familiarity.

Now that this is on the radar I was hoping to get some feedback from owners of the legend, what to look out for, maintenance costs downfalls etc, petrol doesn't bother me too - much diesels hurt less at the pumps but whole of life costs in my experience modern diesels seem to make up for these savings with irritating failures like DPF's and duel mass fly wheels.

Anyway anything I can learn from you guys would be much apreciated as I'm a complete Honda newbie and thanks for listening to me ramble :Thumbup:

Matt

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Matt and welcome

I've always liked the Legend - might well have gone for one except I needed the space the Accord Tourer has

I asked Adam who is a Honda Technician at Holdcroft Honda AOC's affiliated main dealer last year if they have any issues and he said they don't really

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I always wanted one and if insurance and road tax are not so expensive i would swap my Accord without thinking twice.
    Never heard anything negative about Legend.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Welcome Matt,

if your looking for a 2008 Legend then you have nothing to worry about nearly all the bugs the few were already ironed out. Legend like other cars has a few irritants but nothing major,nearly 90% of them are already listed in the Legend section.

Hope you buy it you will love the V6 at full song it sounds amazing.

5. Leedsladmatt New Member Getting Started

well had my drive today, liked the car as a model, lovely engine, gearbox was sweet, enjoyed the paddles etc. However the particular one had a few issues that put me off (traction control warning, ABS warning and SH-AWD Warning - no power going to the rear either) I know its a Honda approved car so all this would get sorted but as one of the most expensive on sale I expected better. Still hasn't put me off a legend, just have to widen my search a bit

Cheers

Matt

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How did you determine there was no power to the rear?. On the Legend on the i-MID flick the menu which displays the SH-AWD power to each wheel..

it more apparent when you pushing the car in bends you will see the display moving like an old fashioned equaliser on music system.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will upload some vedios for you shortly so you are aware of the SH-AWD concept.:Wink:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here you go mate

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014