General New toy, few issues to sort, advice needed please.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by acerif, Wednesday 2nd Sep, 2015.

1. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi chaps,

Loving my new toy, and will upload some more pics to the garage when I've given her a full detail, clay and polish:Smile:

Few issues to sort to get her 100%, but having come from a 407 the difference is already night and day.

The things I need to sort are:

Missing detachable towbar, Honda fitted kit part number 08L92-TL4-601, not a huge issue as only normally use a towbar for my bike rack, but would be nice to have. Spoke to my local dealer in Kings Lynn, and they can only supply a whole towbar kit at £285:bigeyed: Any idea on how or where to get one, tried Bosal but can't find any contact details for them.

Does anyone have a spare load cover and restraint net, or advise where to get one, as £300 for a new one is a bit steep!

ADAS/CMBS radar warning keeps coming up, and ACC doesn't recognise cars in front, system drops out with the radar needs cleaning symbol on MID, I think this is down to having the wrong badge fitted to the grille, but would like some confirmation ( if someone could point me in the direction of how, I will upload a photo of the current badge)

Washer jet on drivers side quite weak, are mist type jets available, and where does the washer pipe run as I think the pipe might be kinked. Also how does the scuttle cover come off?

Sorry for all the questions so soon, but I just want to get it all sorted, I'm hoping for the legendary Honda reliability, having spent more time under the bonnet of my 407 than driving the cursed thing!

Take care chaps,looking forward to the replys.

Tim

P.S. Already done the footwell lighting mod!!:Grin:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have a read of this Electrical & Lights - Honda Accord LKAS warning light on dashboard

If that is not helpful then you need to get the codes read with a HDS.

Washer issue is probably blocked nozzle jets. Disconnect the pipe to them and see if the water out of pipe OK, take it from there.

Why's that mod not mentioned in your Project Log :thumbdown::Grin:

3. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry SG, only did it in the last hour, will put it up later, feeling suitably admonished...

How does the washer jet come out? I don't want to break anything trying.

Tim

4. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have uploaded some more pics, to show grille badge and towbar fixing, amongst others

Tim

5. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    BOSAL UNIT 330, FOUR OAKS ROAD WALTON SUMMIT CENTER, BAMBER BRIDGE PRESTON LANCS. PR5 8AP TEL 01772771000 FAX 01772 312750.

BOSAL

Nels and acerif like this.
  6. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You Star John, many thanks,

7. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok Chaps, quick update,

Washer jet, just needed blowing out, be warned though, they have one way valve fitted, so if trying to unblock with an airline, blow in the direction of normal water flow, unless you want to blast it across the garage and spend half an hour trying to find the stoopid thing.

With much thanks to @John Hamer, for finding the contact details, I have a tow ball on it's way, just need to tidy up the rest of the tow bar, eh @Nels ?

Had a Health check at Crown Garage Honda, Kings Lynn, who I recommend if you're in the area, Mat actually brought out the laptop to show me the fault codes and ran through the possible causes for each one. He also initiated the warranty replacement of the sunroof for me after quoted the TSB info handily given on this very useful resource. I will keep you updated as to how the claim goes.

Mat also identified that the grill badge fitted is the wrong one, so I am currently trying to find a suitable replacement.

All in all, so far so good, just need to find a new grille badge, very pleased.

Thanks for all the help and advice so far.

Tim

8. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DSCN0185.JPG
    Out of interest what did they charge you, the reason I ask is that mine was stuck fast and unable to release using the demount key, had to unbolt the whole lot and send it to them, it was returned in "as new" condition, cost £60. Also to tidy it up I painted the bracket with black smooth Hammerite, it goes on ever rust just brush off the loose muck. DSCN0185.JPG

Attached Files:

acerif likes this.
  9. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi John, I've been quoted £100, because it is no longer produced, and will have to be made to order, that includes VAT and delivery though!

Many thanks for your help

Tim

10. acerif Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@John Hamer , could I ask you to post a picture of your detachable towball please, with a tape measure to get some idea of it's size?
    Many thanks,

Tim

11. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You may need to spin them to read them.

Attached Files:

acerif likes this.