Introductions New 'V' owner.. :-)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Al Star, Thursday 9th Jul, 2015.

1. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Folks..!
    Now the proud owner of this CR-V.. Been wanting one for ages and finally got this one.. Lowish miles and a diesel.. :Grin: Only had it a week and lovin it.. However it's going back to the dealer tomorrow for 2 new front shocks and a clutch master cylinder under warranty.. It has the dreaded creaky clutch and leaking front shocks.. Apart from that a really nice all round motor.. :Smile: Got upgraded Satnav bluetooth system too.. :Grin:

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome.

The CR-V is a very accomplished car. Be sure to add it to the club garage section.

Nels and Al Star like this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Al Star, good to hear you are enjoying your CR-V :Grin:

As @Pottermus says :garage:

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @Al Star :welcome:

Have you had the shocks and CMC changed now?

5. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Nels...
    It's still in at the stealers.. Hopefully getting it back Thursday.. They were still waiting for one of the struts.. They told me they would not be replacing the dust boots.. so not best pleased.. So I'll be getting new shocks fitted without rubber dust gaiters.. :-( Their also fitting a "pedal box" what ever that is.. I hope she means a Clutch Master Cylinder.. :-/ Will keep you posted tho.. Got a new Aygo to run about in from the dealer so quite enjoying that suprisingly.. It's a nippy wee thing that sounds like 911 when yi rev it..! :-D

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Clutch pedal box =

52089_20130720_183412.

Al Star and Nels like this.
  7. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ahhhh... I see.. oh well hopefully it will cure the issue.. Thanks for the pic.. :Smile:

8. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got the 'V' back today.. Drives like a dream.. New shocks and drop link and a new clutch pedal box.. :Smile: Clutch now quiet as a mouse and drives nice n smooth.. no bouncing anymore.. :Smile:

FirstHonda likes this.
  9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Will it not fail an MOT without the dust boots? I got an advisory because they were starting to split.

Al Star likes this.
  10. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Don't think so.. It passed an MOT just 2 months ago.. The dust covers were in rings around the bottom of the spring too.. I will soon find out when I speak to my mechanic pal.. The stealer assured me it wasn't an MOT failure..

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I also wouldn't have thought so but it's just the advisory I got that made me think it's worth mentioning.

Al Star likes this.
  12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma

Al Star likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome @Al Star :welcome: ^^This is good news, hopefully she'll serve you well. Have a good look around the site - there is plenty of advice on how to keep things in the best working order.

Anyway, many congrats on the CR-V. And when you get a chance... :garage:

Al Star likes this.
  14. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Firsthonda.. :Smile: This is my 7th Honda.. and enjoying it very much indeed.. :Smile: I've had it in getting the shocks and clutch pedal box replaced so alot better now.. I've done some work myself.. changed the Diff fluid with Honda dual pump fluid.. changed the oil and filter and cabin filter as the air looked recently changed.. I've got manual Honda transmission fluid and Honda coolant.. so their my next 2 jobs.. so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. :-D Yea I'll get the new motor on the garage pages soon.. Rgds Al