Accord New windscreen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuH, Tuesday 5th Apr, 2016.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    I bought my car with a crack in the screen, not bad but it's annoying me. If I go through the insurer they want to use Autoglass. Never, despite having more cars than years I've roamed this godforsaken place, have I had to have a screen replaced. Bit nervous about a) will the screen be as good b) will they know what they are doing c) will the f up my lovely trim around the screen?

Anyone any experience of Autoglass?

2. DrSam Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Autoglass are normally good with these things. Your trim would stay pristine.

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    They also usually try and source the windscreen from original manufacturer, it will be OE quality at the very least, sometimes they can bodge the install but you should be fine.

4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Hope so, booked for next Tuesday.

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    If its any reassurance my dad's rear windscreen got smashed last year, he just used the cheapest windscreen company and the glass is of good quality and no issue reported with fitment, i did notice some adhesive residue excess in few places, so just make sure they do nice clean fit.

6. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Fingers crossed. They've just phoned to check that the spec of screen they have on their system matches what I have in, it does. I quizzed her on the quality on she said it will be as Honda use.

Harvey likes this.
  7. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Autoglass came this morning and got it sorted. Very nice job and turns out the lad who did it leaves about 5 minutes from me! Was a very impressive set-up on the van I must say. The screen was supplied with a large bag of clips (I paid nearly £40 of eBay for the same bag a couple of years a go) which he's let me have as they only go in the bin!

exec, SpeedyGee and DrSam like this.