Introductions New with a new car.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dicky32, Thursday 11th Sep, 2014.

1. Dicky32 New Member Getting Started

Dicky Grantham
    Hello all nice to find a forum for Honda owners.

After much thought I've just purchased a 2010 CR-V 2.0 . I had test drive today and really was surprised with the power in such a big car, with a modest engine. I'm collecting the car next week. With having a bad back, and driving making it worse, the higher driving position and comfy seat should make me enjoy driving again. I'm getting a 12 months warrenty.

I also fish, and the room in the back is surprisingly good. Does anyone know if the height from the ground( clearance) is on par with the Freelander or Rav? I ask as some places I visit have some very rough tracks?

Any thought's on the above car would be grateful. Advice too?

Thanks all.

Dicky.

2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Dicky. Welcome to HK. :welcome:

Honda seats are brilliant so I hope it helps with your back.

It's a long time since I've driven a CR-V so not really sure at all about the ground clearance. There are plenty of CR-V owners who know them inside out and will be able to help better than me.

Hope you enjoy your CR-V.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hi @Dicky32,
    Feel free to look around the site as there's plenty of useful information.
    We have a super bunch of CR-V owners here. With regard to the ground clearance, I'm sure one of them will be able to help.

When you've collected her next week, please post some pictures of your CR-V in the Club Garage.
    For now though, welcome to HK. :welcome:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club @Dicky32, I know the CR-V in general has proven to be quite capable off-road so I wouldn't worry too much about the clearance - hopefully another member can help with specifics.

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club Dicky. Bad back don't go for an Accord typeS not the best seats I've had the pleasure of parking my butt on.