Introductions New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by givgiv, Monday 28th Oct, 2013.

1. givgiv New Member Getting Started

Im new here, I purchased a 2009 Accord Euro Tourer N.

Im from New Zealand. we have slightly different spec'd wagons down here than you guys.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Givgiv, welcome to AOC.

Lets see some pics your new ride.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi and welcome to AOC
    Looking forward to see pics.
  4. givgiv New Member Getting Started

Ill try and get some pictures up soon.

Bad note; i came to your website while searching sun roof rust....
  5. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I don't have any sun roof rust but someone else is sure to have :Smile:
  6. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

That's interesting. Is your car affected by this rust on sunroof?
    Any pics of that?
  7. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

let him finish his problem first zoran it might be serious :Search:

- - - Updated - - -

do you mean there is rust around the sun roof outside? does it cause a leak or just surface rust ?
  8. givgiv New Member Getting Started

Hi Guys,

So I was just parked waiting round in the car, playing with the sun roof, half open or 3/4 open etc....(It was a nice sunny day)
    And i was looking at the sunroof, mainly the underside of it, on the inside, by the rubber and i noticed what looked like rust.... so i had a closer look and bingo....a couple of patches , oddly on the centre front and the centre rear. and then some other bits elsewhere on the inside.... also noted that some little nuts up inside are looking a little bit rusty.

I got the car from a Honda dealership about 2 months ago. Through a friend whos dad works at a Honda dealership, so got a good price etc... and also and as soon as it hit the yard. Possible why the sun roof was missed, arrived on the yard on a Tuesday, got it on Thursday, in between that time i had overnight on the Tuesday night. Im told that the cars get a good check over before being put on the yard, specially if they have known issues. In all the haste of the purchase etc possible wasnt checked over like normal. Anyway I've been told it will be under warranty and replaced.

Pictures below, looking up at the rust.

Great car though.

WP_20131029_003. WP_20131029_001.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey and welcome mate, yup you got the dreaded rust on the sunroof seal and frame. Is your Accord made in Thailand or Japan?

I am sure NZ Honda will honour a gesture of goodwill for you as all our 8th Generation will and have suffered the rust lot on the sunroofs.
  10. givgiv New Member Getting Started

Hmm , im assuming made in Japan.... but .. how do I find out where it was made.
    Its basically a NZDM one.