Introductions Newbie - 7th Generation Accord Tourer owner from Harrow, Middx

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ciderman21, Tuesday 7th May, 2013.

1. ciderman21 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

My name is Steve.

Bought a 2004 7th Generation 2.4 Honda Accord Tourer in January. To be honest, I really didn't want to buy an estate but needs must as my partner has two very large dogs that she wants us to transport about! Been a Honda owner and lover for most of my driving life, so after a lot of research, came to the conclusion that the Tourer would be the best car for the job.

Previously had two 8th Generation ICTDI Civics and a 9th Generation I-DTEC Civic. All of which were company cars.

Would like some expert advice on a couple of issues that have magically appeared on the car since purchase! I will post details of these elsewhere, namely parking sensor intermittent fault and rear tailgate trying to open but not opening.

Look forward to chatting with you guys.

All the best,
    Steve

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Steve and welcome to AOC
    Search on the forum and you should find answers on your questions.
    If you get stuck ask away, someone will be able to help you.
    Enjoy the car.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Steve,

we love our 2.4 on here and there is loads of help on here on the petrol engines and if there is a void that will be filled too. :Smile:

Have a search on the topics regarding the tailgate malfunction and symptoms hopefully get the issue resolved.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Steve. The 2.4 is the best engine :Happy::vtec:

5. ciderman21 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Yeah I agree Speedy, I think the K20 2.4 engine is the best. However, coming from a turbo diesel background, it has been a bit of a shock to the system in fuel economy terms! The engine is indestructable though.

All the best,
    Steve