Introductions newbie-another one!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by joseph spragg, Wednesday 27th Apr, 2016.

1. joseph spragg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales littleles deri bargoed
    hi all
    am in the middle of buying an 2005 Edix 4x4 auto 1.7 32k miles
    am i wise or stupid?
    will the 1.7 drag an auto 4WD around ok?
    what are they like on the motorway?
    previous car Signum v6 3ltr -fantastic motorway cruiser
    not expecting same performance but hopefully better access-due to back problems
    les spragg
    thanks in advance

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello and welcome to HK!
    FR-V/Edix are quite popular here and we have plenty of them in club garage however I think you will be only one to have AWD and 1.7 motor.

I hope you are not expecting decent fuel economy with that combo ;D

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome dude. Didnt know about this model so I used google. I found the specs. I think my wife would like this being a 4x4. Hmm may be next car for her I think.

Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of Honda Edix 17X 4WD in 2006, the model with 5-door multi-purpose body and Line-4 1668 cm3 / 101.7 cui, 95.5 kW / 130 PS / 128 hp (JIS net) 4-speed automatic powertrain offered up to mid-year 2006 for Japan . Specifications listing with fuel economy, top speed, performance factory data and ProfessCars™ estimation: this Honda would accelerate 0-60 mph in 12.9 sec, 0-100 km/h in 13.7 sec and quarter mile time is 19 sec.

5. joseph spragg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for reply
    fuel not a problem will probably convert to gas as most of my previous have been done
    can you advise with regard to sat nav is there a uk replacement which includes reversing camera and presumably radio controls
    sorry to ask daft questions but have not seen car in the flesh yet
    les

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    @SpeedyGee is your man. He owns an Edix so while you wait for him to reply go through his project log and I'm sure you will find answers to many of your questions.

Click his name and look at his garage vehicles

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The FR-V/Edix is a decent sized vehicle, personally speaking I looked for torquey engine as possible hence going for a K20. As stated about the D17 engine about has about 100 lb ft of torque, the R18 has about 128 lb ft and the K20 unit has about 140 lb ft of torque.

A D17 engine coupled with a 4 speed box and AWD I'd imagine will be pretty slow mover. It all depends on your needs really, if you don't want your Edix to be a quick, nimble mover but have some off road ability then this one is a good choice for you.

Parts wise some Civics and some Honda Streams use the D17 engine and I'd imagine the AWD is based on whats on the CR-Vs so there shouldn't be a problem parts wise.

Regarding the headunit, I assume the Edix already has a rear view camera installed, if so then it's just a case of installing a replacement doubel din, the camera can just plug into the new double din headunit.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @joseph sprang :welcome:

Good luck with the FR-V / Edix. As you are discovering, there are plenty of knowledgable members here...:gohonda:

10. joseph spragg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi all
    thanks for kind welcome and so much advice that i have to go in a corner to recover
    really grateful
    when i finally get car no doubt will have other questions
    with regard to power-will use mainly locally-up to 50mls and London abt 4 times per year
    thanks again

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @joseph spragg :welcome:

You will find we have a wealth of information on the FR-V/Edix :Hey:

12. joseph spragg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi
    heres the test then!
    1 cruise control?
    2 steering wheel remotes?
    les
    thanks all am getting to know my way around the site but its always best to ask direct for help so that i can be directed by he experts
    hows that for a bit of flattery?
    thanks again

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

14. joseph spragg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for that
    doesnt really answer my question
    will have to wait for car to arrive as i suspect the japanese spec may be different
    les

15. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom JayG London
    Welcome @joseph spragg - as you have found out, there's plenty of help here.

Good luck with your new vehicle when it lands. Hope you enjoy it!

16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:congratulations:Les

As for the questions, I will let the Edix owners reply as they will know more than me.

17. joseph spragg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sorry nels
    got totally confused where to put the request
    sorry to trouble you
    mans system if all else fails read the instructions!!
    thanks again
    les

18. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom JayG London
    Congrats on the car! Hope you manage to get answers to your questions :professor:

19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No need to apologise.
    I don't have an Edix so it's better for the other guys to give you the correct answers to your questions.
    It may be better to start a new thread with your questions on there. I'll move them for you and give the thread a title they are more likely to spot.