ICE & HFT Newbie, Audio and other questions

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by rdstars, Monday 26th Nov, 2012.

1. rdstars New Member Getting Started

Hi all,

Just got my hands on a Honda Accord 1.8 VTEC ES, full leather, Bose Cassette, amp and subwoofer on the shelf. 39k on the clock.

Driving the car is nice and seats hug you in all the right places, I did find it quite slow though, think I expected it to be a little quicker but that is not why I bought the car, nice to drive relaxed.

The Audio though is not that great and a cassette player is a bit to old for me.

I got a nice Blaupunkt CD Player and Ipod lead, an amp, some front 6.5" components and replace the sub in the shelf still running IB.

Been reading every where and cannot find an answer, to replace the stereo where can I find an ISO lead, can I use a non Bose upgraded ISO lead? I am guessing this will not run the sub if I do but I don't mind as I am going to upgrade most of it.

Also I have an electric aerial, does this take a feed of the remote amp wire to operate?

I am guessing from the original stereo it is normal speaker output run into the Bose amp, if so then I can just hock up the rear speakers at the point of the amp as I will be doing away with the Bose unit.

Probably this has been covered before and I have searched, sorry if I'm going over old ground.

2. jonyyybe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hy, good luck with the car... but the gearbox is manual or automatic? cheers, chris
  3. rdstars New Member Getting Started

It's a 5 speed manual, cruses very nice just slower than I expected but no worries there.

My other thought was run the stock stereo and use Hi level to RCA converters and the Ipod through the stock stereo. Not 100% sure yet though. Any advice welcome.
  4. jonyyybe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have one with automatic gearbox and i want to have some light on the left of the gear shift and light to cruise control on the steering wheel, because night no light.