Introductions Newbie from Gravesend - Potential CR-V 2nd Generation owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dave14, Sunday 12th Oct, 2014.

1. Dave14 New Member Getting Started

Dave Gravesend
    Hi to all,

Joined to get as much info etc. regarding the CR-V.

Likely to be a 2nd Generation model, budget won't quite stretch to a 3rd Generation and also likely to be an auto.

Reasons for the CR-V is that having considered offerings from Kia, Hyundai and Toyota I think the CR-V is better suited for what we want (For WE read THE MISSUS!). She likes a high up car and we didn't want anything too big. She'd also much prefer the auto. Part time 4WD is fine for us as it's only in snow that we'd need it as we struggle to get out of our road to get anywhere else due to there being hills each route out. The RAV4 comes a fairly close second but issues with the engines around the age we're looking at have put me off a bit, plus the generally high oil consumption.

Obviously, like others, I've been tempted by a diesel for economy reasons but we really don't do the mileage and there's not an auto option with the CR-V anyway so I'll have to swallow the fuel costs. So I'll be looking at around an 55 to 07 model up to 7k. There are a few around that fall into the budget but I'll make my decision based on any feedback I get. Having read a few reviews I've seen nothing bad about the petrol or the auto but if any owners could fill me in regarding the auto I'd be grateful.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome Dave. :welcome:
    I hope you do find a CR-V that you like. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    Have a good look through the CR-V section to help you decide which variant to go for.

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and welcome to HK :Hey:

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Hi Dave, :welcome: to HK

I don't own a CR-V so I won't be able to answer any of your questions directly but good choice on deciding on a Honda.

As Nels has said, have a good look through the CR-V section. Lots of useful information for you for consider to help you make an informed decision.

We look forward to seeing pictures of your car if and when you decide to get one.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Dave, :welcome: to HK.

6. Nighthawk Guest

Ohhh, just having a quick look around autotrader, :Whistle: there are quite a few nice auto CR-Vs for around the 7k mark with low mileage.

7. Dave14 New Member Getting Started

Dave Gravesend
    Thanks guys,

And nighthawk, yes there are a few around currently. I'm taken by two at the moment but can't get to see them soon as they're not quite on my doorstep. However, picking up a full Honda historied model under 70k in my budget doesn't seem to be an issue. Having thought about it, just over ten years ago I was running a 2.5 auto Senator and the fuel costs weren't crippling, so hopefully the CR-V would be a little better but certainly no worse.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:welcome: To the club
    Having owned both Honda and Toyota in my times I would say they are fairly close and a little hard to choose but being around Hondas for a lot of years you can't go wrong with them. Be patient and you will find the right one.

9. Nighthawk Guest

I used to love Toyotas, but I must say, the more recent cars have seriously dropped in their quality. The interior of the Avensis is horrible. When I bought my Honda, I sat in a Mazda and Toyota. Took the Mazda out, was nice etc, but I sat in the Avensis and didnt even take it out. Felt so cheap and nasty, so plasticky inside.

I was fearful that the missus was going to choose the Mazda over the Honda, but thankfully I convinced her to make the better decision....:lol:

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Dave. :Hey::welcome: